1uz into '90 4Runner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

8Runner

Hey

I recently had a 1uz put into my 4Runner along with a supra 5 Speed and Autronic SMC. I haven't really been driving it to much as it has no engineers cert and the cops seem to know when im going to take it out. The few times i have taken it out, iv'e noticed going back down the gears particularly going from 2nd back into 1st, there is a shuddering which I think is being caused by the clutch. Just wondering if anyone knows what this could be, and if so, whats involved in fixing it.

I also have this problem at about 6000rpm I think (tacho dont work for some strange reason that no one knows), where it just starts stuttering as if its out of tune or something, but its intermittant which makes it really difficult. Sometimes it will just rev right up to 6500 no problems at all. Im pretty sure its the tuning so just trying to save up the money to get it tuned properly.

Appart from these things, and a lot of other minor things, the car is going great, most people hate being beaten by a 4x4 ;-)

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

have yr had it tuned proffessionally at all
yr mad driving it if it just has a base tune

u might need to run a tacho booster for yr tacho

the autronic doesnt have a tacho signal so depoending what yr setup is depends what booster u might need

i sell 4 types of boosters

Attachments

• mounts (Small).jpg
    mounts (Small).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 6
I havent had it dyno'd yet, but is using maps from another 1uz with pretty much the same set up. It runs fine, but not perfect. When the motor was still in the half cut, it ran absolutly perfect, i was balancing 20c peieces on the top of the motor!!

Because the tacho wasn't in the best working order before I did the conversion, i cant really judge whats wrong with it yet, but because my speedo is not working either, I was looking into some sort of digital screen to display the speedo and tacho, but cant find a thing.

Its far from finished.....

If anyone wants any info on the conversion, feel free to send me an email.

why isnt yr speedo and tacho working

its piss easy to do

dont waste yr time on another device
just get yr speedo and tacho working

Im pretty sure there is some problem in the actual instrument panel, but my tacho only goes to 6000! which doesn't do me much good when the rev limiter is set at 6500, the speedo only goes to 160 and only the fuel gauge works.