1UZ-FE in 4Runner - Dyno Report

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

twisty_toy94

Well finally got the truck dyno'd the other week, and am pretty happy with the results (i think, not sure why the torque goes up and down so much??). The calculted power at the flywheel was 189kw...so everything must be running right.

Click the link below for the report taken at the wheels with 33" tyres.
http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album285/acb.jpg

I got them to check the mixtures as the truck seems to still use more fuel than it should, which at best is 20l/100km around town....but gets better on the highway and down to 15l/100km.

The mixtures were perefect in the lower revs, but once over 4000 rpm they became very rich....does anyone know if this is normal?? The dyno guy though maybe the restrictive exhuast headers and intake?? Removing the airfilter improved it slightly, and made a gain of 13hp at the wheels....time for a K&N filter I think....

Twisty,

Nice numbers. Looks like 201rwhp.

Removing the air filter gave 6% increase is power!!!! That is a LOT.

What filter are you using?

Big tall heavy tires will eat up whp.

Intake, cam and exhaust are all restrictive with exhaust being the easiest to fix and worst offender.

great to see.

Hi dave great to see the truck going well and thanks for the plugs on your web page . hopefully you will come and see me when you want to turbo it.

All the best Scott.

Attachments

• Intercooler plate.jpg
    Intercooler plate.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 12
Yeah thanks Scott!!! You details will also be published in 4WD Monthly in a couple of months time when my truck is featured. I will post you down a copy.

The missus's actually gave me the go-ahead to turbo the 4runner on the weekend, but under certian conditions.......which is buying a house....Once we are in our own house I can do it.....which is going to be ages away with the prices of house's here on the Sunshine Coast........

Nicley done. mate of mine just bought a surf i was telling him about your ride. if you publish i would not be suprised if there is a bit of a trand started.

that thing will be pretty capable on the beach.

Yeah it's awesome on the beach!! and yep Sterling, It's becoming a very popular mod for my style of vehicle, and so it should, its a top conversion!!

I also won my first event in it on the weekend. Got first place in the perfomance 6 cyl and V8 class in the hill climb at Rover Park. Which involves dropping down into a creek then a steep rutted climb out about 200m long. I blew the front diff in the first part of the climb, but still managed to win by more than 2 seconds.

twisty_toy94 said:
Yeah thanks Scott!!! You details will also be published in 4WD Monthly in a couple of months time when my truck is featured. I will post you down a copy.

Which month? I just started getting this magazine delivered here in the states...

Attachments

• 240z1Uz1_resize.JPG
    240z1Uz1_resize.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 7
  • michael2_1uz_resize.jpg
    michael2_1uz_resize.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Neils_1uz2_m90_resize.JPG
    Neils_1uz2_m90_resize.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010017_resize.JPG
    P1010017_resize.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 7
  • peter_soarer_1uz_6spd_resize.jpg
    peter_soarer_1uz_6spd_resize.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 7
  • trike_resize.jpg
    trike_resize.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 6
  • zuffen1_rr_1uz_resize.jpg
    zuffen1_rr_1uz_resize.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 7
did you actually blow a diff or the cv axles? I've broke so many cv axles I bought a live axle for my pick up. going in this winter.

Nah, deffinetly blew the diff...the crown wheel had about half its teeth missing......Luckily they are a cheap diff, easily available.....only cost $150 for another one.........would love to go SAS in the future but!!