1st dyno run

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dass

Had the 1st dyno run on the TT 1uz/Supra 6speed. 500 rwhp @5000 rpm - 527rwhp @ 6500 . 1 bar boost . Will get it a little track time before running the boost up to the 22lb mark and the rpm close to 7800 rpw.(This was run on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. Runs so sweet apart from a plug lead problem . Will have a set of custom leads made to fix the problem,Autronic cdi +8 coils does make it a little harder on the leads.

Rods Agrorace rods
Acl comp. bearings
12.9 grade main bolts.
Ross pistons 8.5:1
Late mls head gaskets
Arp 1/2" head studs
Supra exhaust valves Shimless buckets
Performance valve springs and retainers
Ports cleaned up
Dean Tighe cams 286/294 .4" lift.
Custom 4-1 SS manifolds
2x gt2871R turbos
Autonic SM2 + CDI+8 bosch coils
830 cc Seimens injectors
twin in tank Walbro fuel pumps
Bosch motorsport FPR

Wow, you put a lot of work and money into that engine. The cams really help. Those are Great numbers though.... there aren't many cars that can get that on 1 bar. Congrates, you've officially created a beast!

nicely done, that's quite a bit of dough into that engine, were the cams designed for turbo and how did you achieve shimless buckets?

I will post a dyno sheet to give everyone how the cams perform and some better cam spec. I am running shimless on the exhaust side after fitting Supra exhaust valves. It is a bit of a story ,but the long and short is if you use std valves -No shimless. Use supra exhaust valves shimless work but the Inlet side custom valves are needed to run shimless. (May-be shim-under would be a better option ).

probably similiar, except they wouldn't be similarly prepped because the 2jz wouldn't have forged rods, pistons, and aftermarket cams and valves.

What sort of flywheel / clutch setup do you have? I assume you bought one of the Getrag to 1UZ adaptors in the GP awhile back?

Any issues with mounting / fitment?

probably similiar, except they wouldn't be similarly prepped because the 2jz wouldn't have forged rods, pistons, and aftermarket cams and valves.
Great numbers Dass. Do you have an picture of your setup? I am sure 2jz would make alot less then 1uzfe. Isn't stock 2jzgte is 12 psi?

Way to go getting it up and running so quick!
Do you have the headflow numbers after the mods?

Also saw your son posted the pics & vids looks and sounds great.
I'm sure it will be more fun out of the corners than the 2J with the Single ;)

"Do you happen to know what a similarly prepared 2JZ-GTE makes at 1 bar?"

Honestly I would expect a 2JZ with aftermarket cams to make around 500 rwhp easily at 1 bar -not much difference. I think this project is awsome, and you should be proud, but I a a little surprised the engine did not make even more power at 1 bar. Perhaps when taking it to 7800 rpm, you'll see a lot more power. Or maybe there's a lot to be gained with tuning the fuel and timing. Were the heads flow benched?

Attachments

• alternator.jpg
    alternator.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2
I only fitted larger valves to the exhaust side as it seemed to be the limiting side of the heads. The 2jz I was running maded 628 rwhp at 20lb,
But the power curve is much much better on the 1uz. At the moment the tune is conservitive and had a plug lead problem (now fixed).After the first track day we will be pushing the the rev. limiter and the boost up.Which will but the turbos and the cams into there efficiency range. Then should see some real numbers.
Clutch is a TRD twin plate on a custom flywheel. Adapter fitted very well,
but a peice needs to be ground out of the getrag as the starter motor gear fouls on the box when the starter is engaged.I only found the problem after the strip down for the conrod change,if not fixed I feel it would cause starter failure very quickly.

There are a few people wondering how the rods went.

Did they bolts straight in, no mucking around.

I'd expect them to be a perfect fit but others will suggest you will have all sorts of problems.

Rods fitted up fine ( I didn't look to hard). The big dip the the dyno sheet was caused by the plug lead problem.By the way anyone wanting custom plug leads should try Queensland Ignition Leads .very good sernice and price for a set of 9mm custom leads.