1gz-fe rebuild

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well done, you've been wanting to get your hands on one for a long time.
Do you see much scope to make more displacement?
Does it have the hyd cooling fan pump, that looks different to mine?

Attachments

• 2008-09-17_225820_ls_evaporator_1.pdf
    18.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 2008-09-17_225841_ls_evaporator_2.pdf
    24.9 KB · Views: 14
Anything is possible on the displacement side of things, Mine will need boring due to the swim it has taken. I can't see anywhere that toyota make oversize pistons for them and the head gasket may also be an issue. I will be getting custom pistons made to up the compression a little.

Unfortunately it didn't come with any accesories including hyd fan pump.

Attachments

• Image0105.jpg
    Image0105.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Image0107.jpg
    Image0107.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 25
Last time I checked it was about $650AUD, less for trade, for a total engine seal and gasket kit, 2 days to assemble a kit in Japan, not alot cheaper over there.

Try the new parts supplier on Toymods, I can check my local Toyota, they say they will give me Trade price.

Are you going manual?

Yes, definietly manual, I have been watching with interest how you have done it, very impressive. The plan is a T56 and hopefully a clutch set-up similar to yours. will have to get a bellhousing from toyota, suprisingly quite cheap, around $440. Thanks heaps for the offer to help out with parts, I have found Castle Hill Toyota very helpful, Much better anyway than the "We can't help you, it's imported" dealers we have up here.

Andy, so you are going to raise comp, I guess it's an NA build then?

I'm told the Extreme twin plate clutch with carbon plates is very streetable, but I still think sprung plates are good for the drive line.

Amayama trading (Japan, gen Toy parts to your door) is sounding good, might email them myself for a full gasket set.

Your pic of the LH head shows a bolt on with a pulley, that's where the cooling fan Hyd pump goes, so is that an idler instead of a pump,
I'd like one of those?
I'll look up ToyoDIY.com to see what year that is from, do you know what year your engine is?

OK Andy, I see your engine is after 2005, it has twin electric fans and an idler pulley and uses the original v belt.

I noted it used an air injection system into the exhaust (by an electric air pump)
and that has explained the tube along the head I did not recognise.

Yeah it will be a N/A build, It will be legal like that according to my engineer.
The pulley you are talking about is siezed but should just need a couple of new bearings.
It has allready been down to Motec who were extremely helpful in getting all the information from the sensors etc. so that they can produce a start file for it.
Have now got all of the pistons out. It will need re-sleaving but apart from that all of the main parts crank, block, heads ect. should clean up nicely.

Toyota 5ME had it along with a lot of other early motors using a belt driven air pump delivering air right at the valve seats.

A pollution thing, to oxidise more of the gasses in the the exhaust such as carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide (me thinks)