Thermo fan efficiency

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

On my '98 LS400, I'm thinking about removing my engine fan replacing it with a Davis Craig 16" electric fan. Does anybody know if this will give me any better fuel economy and by how much ?

Electric fans replacing OEM can be a dodgy proposition. If I were doing it, I'd probably go with one of the two fans in this order:

1. Ford Taurus 16" electric (this fan has a 400-450 watt motor judging from its amperage draw)

2. SPAL model 30102113 (265 watt motor)

There's no such thing as a free lunch with fans, and those manufacturers that are claiming 3000 cfm with only a 10 amp draw are full of BS. Judge a fan by its motor wattage if you can get it.

I wouldn't replace a working OEM fan setup with anything less than a true 3000 CFM fan.

Thermo fans

Ive just looked on the Davies Craig site and I think their biggest fan, a 16" draws 19 amps and I think 2200cfm... Ive emailed them asking the wattage (as I don't know how to calculate it) and if this fan is in deed their biggest.
The reason I want to do it was my last car was a '91 Cressida on LPG which got 300km per tank of LPG. Then I took off the engine fan and hooked up the aircon fan with an adjustable heat switch thingy... Straight away i got 330km per tank and it was alot quieter. That's 10% !! Some people said that to get that much FE increase the clutch fan wasn't working properly... Either way, I know presicely how much fuel the Lex uses and i'm dieing to try it just the same...

Not sure how they would fit but a lot of guys doing conversions use falcon twin thermos and shroud (I think it is AU falcon or possibly EF) cheap from wreckers or on ebay.