thermo fan ecu output

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hi-lex

does anyone know which ecu pin is the output to turn on thermo fan ,(on crown royal with seperate engine and trans ecu) my wiring loom from my front cut is in too many pieces now and dont think I can trace it, and seeing that the motor is in and running the fan is the last thing to hook up.

Hi-Lex,
the crown royal came out with an engine mounted fan with a viscous coupling (I think) so you won't find an output. When I did my conversion, I took out thermo sender for climate control (the brown one on right from front (has M16 x1.25 thread)) and replaced it with a 92-95 deg thermo switch.

I actually hooked it up to the glow plug relay from the original diesel - saved some wiring and was redundant.

Muzz

yeah muzza it does have viscous hub fan but also his a bigass thermo prob to assist when a/c is on but should still be controlled by ecu to come on at certain temp, I might have a sift through my old loom, just thought someone might know off the top of their head, thanks anyways

My Crown half cut had a temp sensor in the radiator.

It's a normally closed contact type and operates at around 90 degrees.

As it's NC it works the opposite to what you want. It turns off when it gets hot.

I use a JAYCAR thermo switch which is adjustable cost around $21.00 and I had fun building it. I know nothing about electronics and built it in an hour and it works well.

The switch can operate at whatever temp you want to set it at. You can also control the off temp. The switch has three outputs. Two NO and one NC so can make it do different things.

One advantage of this unit is it doesn't need the sensor in the water jacket. It uses a thermo-couple which I slid under the end of a radiator hose outside the clamp zone so it's in contact with the pipe. The thermo-couple doesn't get wet which means the cooling system has one less place to give trouble.

JAYCAR sell quite a few usefull products. I'm working on a fuel mixture gauge that gives a digital real time read out with a bar graph for quick checking.

JAYCAR have Australian, UK and US Websites www.jaycar.com.au www.jaycar.co.uk and www.jaycar.com They do mail order and will post internationally.

By the way I don't have any connection to JAYCAR I just find their product range good and the instructions with their gear is excellent. You can build it all with a small soldering iron only but a digital multimetter saves having to learn resitor codes and saves erors.

thanks zuffen, mine was fed via a relay so might just trace it out, I also used hilux rad coz its alloy, doesnt really need fan, I have had it idling in the backyard for an hour while jumpstarting another car and temp doesnt go past half (where it normally sits) but I guess I will need fan for rego and those hot days in the traffic

My Crown half cut had a temp sensor in the radiator.

It's a normally closed contact type and operates at around 90 degrees.

As it's NC it works the opposite to what you want. It turns off when it gets hot.

Actually, you could still use it, you could use two SPST (N.O.) relays or just wire up a Single Pole Double Throw relay (NO/NC relay - about $12). When less than 90, the nc temp sensor would pull the relay open, when over 90 and the nc temp sensor opens, the relay would close, turning on the fans. The SPDT relays have 5 blades, but should not be confused with the 5 blade SPST N.O. relays that have paired output blades.

This link explains relays for those wanting to catch up on the technical side - http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/relay.htm or http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2207/printArticle.html (lots of great car tech articles here on modifiying car electronics, the 290kW 5-litre V8 / 165kW electric Lexus 600L - you can lose yourself for days on autospeed.com!)

On my wiring diagrams it shows a separate cooling ECU which I have found when wreaking soarers. Replacing the sensor in the radiator will work perfectly to replace the system. Cheers

Attachments

• S4020947.jpg
    S4020947.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 8
  • S4020948.jpg
    S4020948.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 4
no 1uz ecu has fan trigger output

i just run my thermo fan controllers
i can adjust temps to turn fans on in seconds
and has digital water temp gauge too

after 2000 they might have fan wire but ill have to check my diagrams