Picture of your current 1UZ project(s)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tempeheat

Thought I would start a thread just for pictures of current 1 UZ project(s).

Here's my two projects. 1986 BMW 1UZ E30 and 1989 Toyota Celica GT 3sgte

Almost done with the BMW. Just put M3 springs aftermarket sway bars and all new bushings including the offset negative camber bushings. Car sits 1 inch lower now and looks a lot better. Also gutted the power steering pump and Im just using it as a pulley now. Changed it over to a manual rack. No more power steering pump failures

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Lexus plate on the front of your bimmer. That ought to turn a few heads. BTW, I corrected the link to your pic so it'll show up in your post.

Here's the state of play of my project ATM; not much to show for two years and $15K, eh? Hopefully it'll be coming together a little faster now.

Here is my engine. Still waiting for the heads and the car. The turbo is pretty much done. Gotta sale few other toys before getting the SC400.
IMG_194.jpg
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0155.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg

I am also doing a 5.1L stroker and perhaps supercharging it with M112 from the Ford Cobra. The stroker rods should be in here in few weeks.

Here is my 1UZ, the long block is completed, I did not take a pic of the second head installed on the block, but it is there, and the velve job is already done.

EB_11_1UZFE.jpg

EB_12_ARP_Head_studs_installed.jpg

EB_13_Passenger_Head_installed.jpg

EB_15_Cams_installed.jpg

More to come...

Ryan :happysad:

Here is a couple of pics of a 1uz going into one of Lizzies finest. I am building with a mate of mine.

Devo,

I love the lathe.

I think Lord Shaftbury was around when it was built. Your grandkids will still be using it.

Nothing like old gear to last forever.

My two current toy. The SC is almost done, just need a bigger turbo set up. I'm focusing more and more on the LS very soon. Have very big plans for its in mind

Nice looking cars and motors...Love the supercharged 1uz...

Cribbs your dropping a 1uz.. into a turbo'd stock supra... Isn't that a down grade in motor? Nice looking Supra anyway...

James the LS looks brand new....Nice...How's that SC doing? Got all the bugs worked out with the turbo yet?

I would post my 1uz.. picture but for some reason my pictures don't stick but I will try anyway.....My 1uz.. is Nos running with steel braided hoses thru out...That's my motor in a nut shell.. Oh and a fancy looking intake too.....

James the LS looks brand new....Nice...How's that SC doing? Got all the bugs worked out with the turbo yet?

Thanks. The SC is running good. All the bugs has been fix and the car is boosting good. Just got the car repainted with new body kit installed and got some supra TT seat which save a lot of weight. I love it.

Good deal James I'm glad you got your ride running perfect...I hope to race you one of these days just for kicks....

Did you get an LSD on it yet?
Supra seats must have saved you 100lbs or so? Matching the interior colors was the big challenge for me...

Cribbs your dropping a 1uz.. into a turbo'd stock supra... Isn't that a down grade in motor? Nice looking Supra anyway...

Nope, I'm trading a turbo 3.0 litre motor, putting out around 500 HP for a supercharged 4.0 litre, hopefully putting out about the same.

It "may" not have the top end HP that the 3.0l did, but it'll have a lot more grunt off the line, and hopefully the midrange will be as good as the 2JZ.

...I would post my 1uz.. picture but for some reason my pictures don't stick but I will try anyway.....
John,
I found an easy solution to post the picture.

1) You save & open the picture in JPEG format. And then right-click, edit the picture, resize, and select Predefined Width x Height and select 1024 x 768. As long as your picture is around 200 Kb (I'm not so sure), then your picture should be posted.

2) If your picture becomes too large, edit it in Paint, shrink it down to smaller than 100 Kb, and then edit it again in Microsoft Office Picture (in step 1). Its size will become larger but with the correct Height & Width.

I guess this is the default setting in the program coding. I wish the Webmaster could allow the flexible size like before. Let's ask David....:yawn: