LSD for SC 400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
chepito73 said:
what are the modification and if I cant buy a aftermarker LSD for an how much$$$$ it wiil cost
I purchased a stock Supra Torsen carrier for $300 on Ebay
Installation was easy remove the old diff from the car,
open the diff & remove the carrier,
clean & inspect the diff,
remove the ring gear from the carrier, clean & inspect,
bolt the ring gear on the new carrier,
and reinstall the new carrier into the diff, You will need to check clearance, but there was no need for additional shimming on mine.
Put the diff back on the car.
I think it took longer to get the diff out of the car then it did to replace the carrier.
I would check suprastore.com and Toysport.com they mod alotof Supras and may have a used one off a swap.

I installed the KAAZ limited slip differential on my SC400 for a few months. I found it to be much like a Detroit Locker LSD, it required frequent maintenance, made a clicking noise around corners when coasting, it was torque sensing LSD. The Kaaz LSD capabilities were very impressive I must say.. I had to dump it because of the noise. I then went with a complete 1993 torsen TT automatic LSD with carrier that I purchased from a local junkyard for around $400, it all bolted right in and the gearing matched perfect.. It drives just like the open end stock differential and requires very little maintenance.. The torsen differential is not as aggressive as the KAAZ but gets the job done...I have been driving with it on my 1992 SC400 for almost a year now.

I am currently prepping my car for spring and have a similar project.I have a 3;73 ring and pinion from a 93-97 supra turbo auto and trd 1.5 way carrier Ill be putting in my Gs400. I dont know of anyone who has done this but everything looks like it should work.Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I made a LSD unit that fits in the NA supra differential, does anyone know if the internals for the SC, LS etc are the same?

new big400 said:
I am currently prepping my car for spring and have a similar project.I have a 3;73 ring and pinion from a 93-97 supra turbo auto and trd 1.5 way carrier Ill be putting in my Gs400. I dont know of anyone who has done this but everything looks like it should work.Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Just finished it so YES it works.

Just pic up a used 93 and up Supra TT auto LSD at a junk yard or on ebay and slap it on your GS... It's a perfect fit and gearing should match perfect...That is what I have on my SC400, a 1993 Torsen Supra TT auto and it's great...

jibbby said:
Just pic up a used 93 and up Supra TT auto LSD at a junk yard or on ebay and slap it on your GS... It's a perfect fit and gearing should match perfect...That is what I have on my SC400, a 1993 Torsen Supra TT auto and it's great...
I was going to do that but thats a hard diff. to find and I wanted the lsd so I put one together.Should have it in by the end of the day.

I have read that the TRD is the best LSD available for a street driveable Lexus....I have not drove with a TRD LSD so I cannot be certain but that is what I have heard...The Torsen LSD drives just like the stock open end differential and is probably the least aggresive out of all the LSD's...

I finally had a chance to road test her this weekend and shes a monster.Gears and carrier are a great combo couldnt be happier.Thanks for all the insight.