3.769:1 Torsen LSD into a 1st Gen LS400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Celsiorous

Hi,

I have a 1990 Celsior/LS400 and am wondering if I can install the 3.769 Torsen LSD. I have no idea what would be invovled, if anyone has any ideas or experience id be stoked to hear what would need to be done.
A friend of mine is trying to get rid of a Supra wreck (“A02B” ). I can pick it up cheap so if its not a huge job with lots of customising id like to have a shot at installing the Torsen.
Thanks in advance.

USDM LS400s/Celsiors from 1990-1997 3 bolt mounts for the differential housing. This was changed in 1998 to 4 bolt. 2 different configs making it very impractical to mount the complete carrier. You could probably swap the torsen "guts" between housings but I cannot say if that is even possible. Your car comes with a 3.62 ratio so you would not gain much torque. In fact many of the older cars get worn between the spider gears and the case creating enough friction to operate as a limited slip. I have seen many spin both tires. What do you need a torsen for?

Also, 1997-98 Supra TT autos had the torsen as an option but MANY did not get it installed. Ask me how I know :no:

The stock diff is a G932 correct?

As a side note, what ratio is it? The '93' is not the same as any diff listing I've ever seen.

Also, is the 'A' crown wheel compatible with a 'G' housing ?