Torsen Diff in 1990 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redback

hi i have a 1990 LS400/Celsior and i am getting sick of the one wheel spinner and looking at installing a torsen diff.. my question is what torsen diff to be exact bolts strait in. ive read plenty of threads regarding the sc400 having no worrys with a replacement out of a supra bolting strait in... but whats available for the ls400/celsior.... or does the diff dentre need to be replaced (hope not)

Maybe this will help you:
I know that for my '96 LS we are looking at the Torsen internals that have to fit in the LS diff...since the LS has a socalled "A" diff, you have to have the "bigger" A diff (i think they call this "G" diff, like the MK3)....to make it fit.
The Supra TT has a (Torsen) "B" diff...and that is not a direct bolt-on with the LS :(

I don't know what axsles the lexus have, but i have a feeling that it would fit from a Hiace,Hilux or LJ70, 7,5"diff. but i am not sure for certain, this is just me thinking, and knowing toyota they might use the same type?(this is typed before i saw Fasteddie's post)

Or if it's bigger than 7,5", it could be the F,B,HJ4,5,6,8 series??

But you live in the land of Airlockers! Can't you just put in an ARB airlocker?
Then you won't feel a thing, when it's not engaged, and when you engage it, you have full traction on both wheels.

Again i don't know much about Lexus's yet, but i do know a few things about other Toyota's.

good tip, I could live with an air locker, switching back and forth for drag mode....but wouldnt an air locker incorporate a new diff? one with a built in "locking mechanism" .. downside for me would be in corners, air locker would not help... loss of traction would be worse and dangerous too but I guess it could be used as a poor man's LSD.

-As for the 90' LS we need to know EXACTLY the stock unit's dimensions so a replacement could be sourced.

Poor mans answer??
I don't know what you pay for LSD, but in Denmark it's LSD that's the poor mans solution(alternative welded diff)

In the Airlocker, you keep the housing, ring/pinion, bearings etc. but change the runner/spoole and shims it up again.
Then you mount a little compressor somewhere in the car, some wiring and tubing, then you're good to go. but it's not cheap! (in Denmark anyway)

LSD we usually take from the cars listed above, and there's sometimes difference in the housing, but you can almost always do it, by changing the runner/spoole from another axle.
But as you say, we need to have some more info on the diff.