Help Identifying 3-Bolt Flange

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

andrewzuku

I have a 1UZ-FE and Auto from a 1991 Soarer in a 1981 2wd Hilux. I recently replaced the output shaft and extension housing on the transmission ("30-40LE" or "a341e") after cracking the extension housing with a badly vibrating tailshaft (that's been fixed).

Unfortunately, the 3-bolt flange on the replacement part isn't exactly the same as the old one, but I didn't realise that until after I'd thrown the old one out.

I've been to 6 different wreckers and rang about 20 more and no-one seems to know enough about soarer transmissions to help.

I found an old photo of the original 3-bolt flange...

2008-06-22-04.jpg

Here are the dimensions I've taken from the tailshaft that used to fit...
BoltPattern.gif

The replacement flange I bought is the correct radius, but the outer diameter of recess for the 3 locating pins (there's 6 in the rubber donut, 3 for each side) is too small.

All the wreckers I've talked to are telling me the replacement part I have is the correct one for the V8 Soarer. I know that supra's have the 3-bolt flange with the 22.5mm locating pins, but the radius is too big.

Here's a photo of the replacement part that doesn't fit...
2009-10-06-01.jpg

As you can see from the photo, this is not what I used to have. The recess for the 3 locating pins is smaller (18.25mm in diameter instead of 22.5mm).

Can anyone tell me what my gearbox used to have? I'm desperate to find this part. I'm wondering If the engine/gearbox I have is really from a soarer.

As a last resort I COULD have the holes bored out to 22.5mm, but I'd rather not since the arms on the replacement part aren't as wide as the old part.

Andrew