Search results

1. T

Trade Air Flow Meter/injectors for Supra (7m-gte) swap

I have a supra friend that needs a Lexus AFM & injectors to swap onto a 7m-gte supra if anyone has any at a reasonable price. Please PM me and Ill give you his contact info!
  2. T

Electrode, Filler & Gas Selections

Aint seen ne1 post one so I figured I'd write one real quick. SMAW (Stick) Carbon Steels: E6010, Run DCEP. Flat beads, deep penetration, common & cheap, good on poor preparation. Good for root passes, especially on pipe. E7018, Run DCEP or AC. Low-hydrogen, great for fill / cap passes, low...
  3. T

So what would happen...

... if someone replaced an n2o tank with a tank of o2 & downsized the flow accordingly? I'm guessing even at the same overal A/F ratio it would be an extremely fast & violent flame front & much longer time between tnk fills / cheaper tank fills. Wonder if anyone's ever done it.
  4. T

Why yes, I can...

Weld aluminum foil that's one thousandth of an inch thick. :D
  5. T

Seller Feedback Racing Solutions

Fast shipping. (DLH) I had $360 worth of random stainless pipe, cat, flanges, etc. Everything was perfectly fine. Was 2 weeks late because I ordered 180* bends, and their 180* mandrel dies were fubared, so they swapped it to 90* bends when I talked to them. They threw in another 90* bend, etc...
  6. T

Welding Shop @ School

Snapped some quick cellphone pics. Quality sucks, so deal with it. LMAO! I'm missing some machines. Especially the non welding ones. We have several press brakes, benders, acouple of mills, a lathe, two large vertical bandsaws. Lotta stuff in the CNC shop too. Just finished getting approval for...
  7. T

Part VIII Electronic Transmission Controller

I wrote this for elsewhere, but thought you guys could use it. Background: Automatics are awesome. While the older automatics do a phenomenal job matching the shift pattern to the powerband when accelerating. You can find yourself wishing for a different gear at part throttle. Say flying...
  8. T

Steve Irwin "Crocodile Hunter" = dead

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/23/10ebv.html http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html Stingray barb in the chest. Really sucks for his wife & children. Funny guy. He'll be missed.
  9. T

Tony Leung's '94 v6 camry Turbo, first 1/4 mile trip

Fastest Camry in history. First time at the track. Full street trim with the new lower compression 9.0:1 pistons GT40/88 @ 22psi. Untuned on 9.0:1 pistons (Using previous 10.5:1 piston tune, same psi) 468 WHP and 431 ft-lbs - 599bhp / 551ft-lb. Street tires, all subs/audio still in the trunk. No...
  10. T

5w-20 GF-4 oil Toyota approved for all Lexi engines March, 23 2006

So... I've been running mobil 1 5w-20 synthetic since January anyway. Good for me. Apparantly I missed that in March, Toyota put out a TSIB that approved 5w-20 GF-4 oils for use on most of the older engine blocks. Which is fine for me. A couple horsepower, easier pumping, better cold starts, no...
  11. T

Parts FS: smt-6 + 2x 550cc injectors

My used SMT-6.The pretty pink Perfect Power sticker is starting to flake off :gfdgsd: . And the wires I have used for my use will be missing an inch, or few inches. All wires have a good 2-3 feet left so it's not like that is a problem. It's an e-manage on steriods. Fully complete out of the...
  12. T

S/C C4 Vette VS TonytheTiger 1st Turbo v6 Camry

Centerfugally blown C4 Vette VS *Completely* built (around 15-20usd grand) '94 v6 1mz-fe (still 3.0L boosting on 10.2:1 CR!) Camry. GT40/88 @ 12psi (392fwhp - 501bhp) That's not even full boost!?, 4500rpm stall T/C, Fully IPT built transmission. Everything on the car changed, everything about...
  13. T

List of Harbor Freight Sales

OK, So most of us inevitably get things from Harbor Fright. So I think we should keep a running list of their ungodly & nearly incomprehensible sales going on. Most of us know that many items are on sale atleast 50% of the time. (For anyone that doesn't know HF generally keeps 4-5 sets of flyers...
  14. T

Free Free stuff is awesome!

I love free stuff - Toys
  15. T

1UZ-FE vs. 2JZ-GTE

It comes up from time to time, so let's try to merge any useful information into one thread. Explain why which is better with both untouched bottom ends VS fully built bottom ends. Provide dynos if possible comparing same turbo/psi, or same engine modifications. To start Weight: 1uzfe 450...
  16. T

Vendor Great Toyota/Lexus/Scion Specific Salvage Yard

TAPRecycling.net They have earned a very good reputation across the general Toyota internet community. They also tend to have harder to find cars/parts being that they're Toyota/Lexus/Scion only. Local junkyards usually have squat for such pickings. TAP normally has everything.
  17. T

Spark plug guide:All about spark plugs @ FI!

Since we all run Toyota engines & *most* people are running Denso ignition systems... That pretty well limits us to two brands of plugs that will give consistently good performance over their life. NGK & Denso, so that's what we're concentrating on! (Besides. JDM owns anyways, we all know that!)...