MR2 SW20 V8 swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I think I went over it in my newsletter. It has an available strong manual transaxle that will bolt up, and it presented the least amount of compromises and had the easiest/cheapest problems to solve in using it. Please note that I do not mean it was cheap and easy, i mean it was cheaper/easier than using any other V8 engine like the Lexus 1UZ or the Audi ABZ

If your newsletter has the things that show why the northstar was beneficial over the uz engines, I'd love to read it!

If not, do you mind listing why you did not choose the 1uz?

I think I went over it in my newsletter. It has an available strong manual transaxle that will bolt up, and it presented the least amount of compromises and had the easiest/cheapest problems to solve in using it. Please note that I do not mean it was cheap and easy, i mean it was cheaper/easier than using any other V8 engine like the Lexus 1UZ or the Audi ABZ

Project MV8R update:
Engine is pretty much mounted. I am waiting on some urethane bushings to install into the passenger side mount, otherwise, i would be done with the motor mounts. The car now supports about 2/3's of the weight of the engine and trans. The front motor mount, and rear motor mount are bolted into the car. I had to delay things a bit to figure out how to close up the holes I cut in the psuedo frame rails.

I went to install the clutch so I could test it, and found that the clutch spline i specified was incorrect. I sent the disk back and they are replacing the hub for me.

I did compression test on my Northstar and found #5 out of spec. I contacted Alan at CHRFab.com and he told me how to do a leakdown test. I converted my compression tester into a leakdown tester and found that my exhaust valves (one or both) are sticking open in #5. I believe that this is due to carbon buildup from Grandpa type driving of the engine's prior owner (prior Eldorado owner). I am going to attempt to get rid of some carbon without removing the head.
Stay tuned, more to come soon.