Help with Vortech Verification

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ihiryu

I found a Vortech V-1 T-Trim on craigslist, it's not local, but I don't mind traveling. Anyway, it came off of an 89-93 5.0 and I'm not sure if it's CCW or not. I plan to use the fish, and I'm not sure if it'll work for me though.

I found a few pics of the SC on the mustang, and the head unit is facing the motor, and the pulley is facing the bumper.

Would I be able to use this SC and flip it around?

I don't like bumping my own thread, but I'm really interested in this.

Help another future FI UZ out!

Sounds to me like its the wrong way as in the fish bracket set up it would be the other way round.

What way does our motors rotate? Clockwise right??

That's why I don't understand why a few post from Lex himself said that we need a CCW unit

It won't work. It's a clockwise blower. I went through this actually - I had to sell the blower and bought a real ccw blower.

It won't work. It's a clockwise blower. I went through this actually - I had to sell the blower and bought a real ccw blower.

Okay I think I understand what you are saying. So you bought one that was a CCW unit (like the mustang I was showing). Mounted it, then realized it wouldn't work, so you had to buy an actual CCW blower right?

Thanks for the help

Okay I think I understand what you are saying. So you bought one that was a CCW unit (like the mustang I was showing). Mounted it, then realized it wouldn't work, so you had to buy an actual CCW blower right?

Thanks for the help
I never got as far as mounting it. I ordered a blower before doing enough reading, and then realized that I got the wrong one. I sold it, bought a CCW blower, sold that, put my supercharger project on hold for three years, then I finally bought another CCW blower and rigged it to work with the fish bracket.

There was a later-gen 1UZ-FE clockwise centrifugal supercharger setup that I've seen - Rod Millen maybe? That had a special bracket that put the blower right about where the power steering pump goes. Good luck finding any parts or information about that setup though.