Procharger Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I hate to say it.... but I TOLD YOU SO...LOL... I am glad you got it solve.

pffft 'a' BOV wasn't the prob Dave...the BOV he chose was the prob....an adjustable BOV of the right size would have worked just fine.

Vortex do an awesome BOV/Bypass valve that many big hp cars use as well...it's all about the sizing and the spring rate.

Next time your heads under the bonnet can you suss something out for me please mate. 'If' you had the procharger bolted on backwards (facing firewall - clockwise unit) would it foul on the motor using that bracket?

Nemesis

So your asking to try a clockwise unit w/ flipped config? great idea never thought about that, it would def save space in your case and it should flip the suck/blow config ( i was contemplating this in my head and it should work ) because a clockwise unit sucks instead of blow it should be reversed by flipping the unit the other direction... then the oulley would effectivly move the opposite direction resulting in a CCW pattern, and thats what you need so i think if the clearance is there give it a try. i would highly look into David's jackshaft idea, looks badass but i cant use due to my fusebox location.

Dude if you managed to fit it you would have one sweet 4runner. matter of fact you would have the most unique 4 runner i have ever seen. lets give it a try!! :headbang:

My main concern was whether the body of the unit would foul on the engine itself as it's pretty fat. But the new Fish 2 seems like it will give more clearance.

I think it would suit mine down to the ground running it backwards. I can run a snorkel in from the passenger side to the back of the engine bay, into an in line filter then straight into the charger.

The only issue I can forsee is having to 'mould' the inner gaurd for clearance but that's no biggie. Also the dip stick might be in the way, still have to properly stick my head under the bonnet.

I don't want to start some build thread here as I want it to be a bit of a secret (don't think any of the people I know will click this thread here heheh), my runner is pretty highly known in the Aus 4WD scene, would be a good surprise.

yes it will, David raised it up 2 inches off the batery floor and moved outward 2''. Mine works fine but w/ AC lines it barely tags them and makes a subtle racket at idle but w/ this it will be totally cleared up. if you have clearance issues you have more options now. Since you dont have a traditional lexus hood i dont know what space you can use. i would reccomend trying the origional fish first and if its no-go then try the new fish bracket. I gave David my origional fish bracket back and he might still have it (I painted 4 coats high temp black paint). Give him a try... the more options the better right?

Yeah that's it.

I've had another avenue option come up at the moment, utilising an M90. I need to work out what's better for me. I want the M90 torque, but fantasize about the Procharger top end....

m90 is going to give you that instant low end torque but will cut out at higher rpm. My dad has a 3.4 TRD roots SC tacoma on 8psi. I did some research and its based off the m90. It has good low end but struggles after 4k (all fuel mods + 7th injector + ECU). the procharger actually gave a lot of low end. Think of it like this... it build boost starting at 2500 and if your going 25mph and floor it second gear will be night/day compared to stock. My LS was a DOG!!! no balls on the low end unless i manually "slammed" into 1st but now second gear is pretty linear from 2500-redline w/ no letup... i rarely find myself able to actaually use the entire rev band because i usually run out of road or am 2x the speed limit lol. It isnt like turbo where it absolutely has no power until 3k (or so) but since its gear driven you will NO-MATTER-WHAT get a jump in performance at ANY rpm... thats the biggest selling feature the centrifugal has over turbo... and roots IMO. however the m90 will cost less, end of story. :shrug:. My procharger cost a little over 2k doing EVERYTHING myself. I would recommend the procharger if you can source one used for $1000.

I think root is a very good charger. The biggest down fall of Root would be intercooling. It is possible, but I dont think it is worth the mod.

Thanks for that mate, excellent food for thought there! I actually think the pro will be cheaper as I don't have time or means to fab my own stuff, so the m90 needs to be a bolt in kit anyways.

Finding a clockwise p1sc isn't that easy yet, especially from this country heh.

Nemesis

I was thinking about your setup and the m90 is going to be the best cost/performance FI setup in your circumstance. Its cheap, easy to setup, reliable and instant torque. Torque, thats just what a 4-wheelin' crawler needs!! If you cant deal w/ 9psi max there are more options. methanol is a godsend for the roots type since intercooling is out and would have the same effect as adding a few more psi. If this is STILL not enough an m112 would be the second option, more money but no TOO much (hundred or so more) and would allow up to 20psi (or so). m112 can still dip into the 500hp range w/o IC/mthanol. Skies the limit w/ 1uz!!

spf: this 4WD won't be used for much hardcore 4WDing, it's more a daily and tow vehicle. And for what I do do the 1uz has more than enough torque standard off road.... More food for thought lol.

The Procharger seems so simple and easy to remove for any reason needing. I guess either way if i'm not happy I can sell the kit i create hehe.

SPF came by this morning with his Procharger system with the proper bypass valve. The car sounds awesome and idle like stock. WOW>>>>>> Some donut videos in few days...after it is tuned...

Yes I am scheduling a tune this week and hopefully some... "now you see it, now you dont" burnouts lol. On the way over to Lex's the 91' Gave a g35 4 door a fight he's not going to forget for a while.

Nemesis

Hey I was thinking of your project when I was taking my kit off, if you can find some way to make her fit (jackshaft I hope) its probobly the easiest FI setup to swap out. I have a few weeks before I get registered out in Colorado and I plan on taking the entire kit off including FMU to pass, and then re-install after. It wont take longer than an hour to take the obvious giveaways IE (intercooler + bracket + SC) but don't know if its even a big deal yet. But the cool part is you can keep your stock 1uz belt in your trunk and 14mm socket + wrench so if the procharger system is acting up you can make a quick fix and run stock again in under 5min!! I attach an extra filter where my 90 degree silicone hose is and swap the serp belt... thats it. the FMU wont add fuel since it wont be sensing any boost, 1 less thing to worry about.

I certainly like the simplicity behind it, but i'm not convinced it will work without some type of jackshaft set up, and that drives the cost big time.

From the pics i've seen the Vortech looks to be a fair bit lower profile than the procharger, so that could be an option.

This car is tuned the best that I can w/o the equipment necessary. I love it right now and am not going to touch another knob. Its got perfect idle, perfect part-throttle/cruising. I talked to david, the engineer over at synapse and he said my problem was my boost only line and that solved all problems thus far. In the process managed to score +2psi from fuel tinkering. So 7psi and its plenty for me... any more and I'm gunna opt for an LSD and 255's.

Pics coming up today ( PROMISE!! )