Procharger Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have been using procharger over 8 years now. Initially I have the early model called P600B on my SVT Cobra. Later I upgraded to the F1SC. I had zero problem with it what so ever for over 8 years. So I recently got a slightly used less then 500 miles Procharger P1SC. I love the SC (Self-Contained) series because the end user doesn't have to tap for oil inlet or oil return. The charger has it own stand alone oil system for lubrication already. That is very nice design.

Anyway, I got so I can add on to the FISH that way it can take either a Vortech V1-V2 charger or Procharger P1SC or D1SC (same pattern) Here are some pictures and I will be selling this unit soon once I finish with the bolt pattern and perhaps install it a friend's SC or LS. Here is little more details on this P1SC

I think this centrifugal system is the easiest. First of all, it doesn't need oil lines, easily intercooled, no heat issues like turbo, easy install.

wow didnt know there was any variety to the fish bracket! I guess now when im hunting for used head unites I know I can diversify a little. Hey dave do you know the boost cieling for this unit? I know the V1 is 25psi, also this unit isnt the internal belt driven type right?

Check the link above. I plan to sell this unit once I am done with it. Would you be interested of getting it? I need it for the Fish pattern. Therefore, the Fish can take eitther Vortech or Procharger. I offer this to Jibbby but he is thinking about it. The charger looks very clean and new. I can not wait....

that's pretty cool, the only thing that sucks is that you have to drain it and change it with a syringe.

I think water intercooler with this procharger will be very nice.

Since it will be very easy to install ..

that's pretty cool, the only thing that sucks is that you have to drain it and change it with a syringe.

It is actually easier then u think. If you can change your engine oil, then u have no problem changing the Self Contained Supercharger. I had the F1SC for few years and I didnt have to change it. I don't remember how many miles per oil change. Procharger have have special oil for this type of charger and it comes with small bottles with sharp nose. So you dont need a syringe to fill the oil.

thumb_ME001G-001.jpg

Here is a picture of the oil inlet.

hey David this is funny your selling your unit because i remembered this thread and I need a question answered! I just found one for sale $400 for the pdsc-1 unit on craig's list and its the same model as you said but the "-1" at the end is messing w/ me. I dont know if its just a distinction between applications or... I hope not another model that possibly wont work w/ my bracket. I am going to see if he is going to sell but I am very interested. whats the price? I hate to be the typical do-it-yourselfer but I am jumping on this one because of the $400 price tag, if you are asking the same/similar please e-mail me and let me know.

haha nvm, the guy sold the unit already... these things are impossible to find used... and if you do their allready being bid on like flies on **** and theirs no way its gunna be even close to a deal when all of them are dont bidding on it. Theirs none for sale on craigslist for a deal, none for sale on ebay for a deal so looks like brand new for me.... and another 6 months too from the sound of it.

Used charger runs around $950-$1,100. If you find then below that would be good. Another option would be those need rebuilding. I think rebuilding is about $500.

So the SC revision of the bracket will have this pattern as well as the Vortech? Im slowly buying parts, but I am undecided on the Vortech and now the Procharger... basically whichever offers a better deal if I find one.

Hey I am in NEW ZEALAND and have a P600B to fit up to my 1uz-fe was just wondering what power you got from yours and what things you did to the engine to acheive results, like injector type, intercooling, boost control, ECU and anything else, Cheers Kris

Is that just a simple standard screw for the drain? looks like that could be trouble if it were to ever strip out. I can't figure why companies try to shave .0001 cent from products by using cheap fasteners.

Hey david how did you create your spacer kit? I was planing on getting 1/2'' steel/aluminum tubing and cut lengths for the studs to go through. also if you happen to know the size of the longer belt that would help some too.

Wasn't there some big deal about finding a prochager head unit that spun the correct way to work with the fish bracke?

I thought they were incredibly rare or something like that.

I could be worng.

maybe I am thinking powerdyne.

Yeah with the Vortech units... they have to spin counterclock wise or else it will suck instead of blow!! Only other way to make it work on 1uz is to mount on the other side of engine bay. this is pretty impossible since the room is only on the driver side.

OK,

Got the Fish modified to mate with the Procharger P1SC. Here are some pictures. We still need to install it into a LS400 and check for clearance before it is available. The bracket will look alot better with powder coating.

Just picked up David's procharger today and the bracket he made has great clearance. Its pretty tight clearances for the charger itself but the bracket is
perfect. I noticed that these prochargers are a lot bigger than the vortech V1. This thing is HUGE!! its bigger than my head, im going to have to get creative moving the random brake/misc fluid lines down lower a bit. One thing I thought was sweet was that this unit swivels at its center for mounting flexibility. It has a series of bolts that when loosened they allow the whole unit to twist... allowing you to move the exducer up or down in my application, very handy due to its size. Has anyone ever put one of these in a 1uz??? Im sure it has but am yet to find a 1uz family engine w/ this unit finished. anyone?