Procharger Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I made a prototype and its being fitted on a LS. The Procharger is physically larger and inlet is very close to the radiator. I will play around with it and perhaps make jackshaft type of bracket. Perhaps I can utilize the Vortech mounting pattern too. However, I still need to see the Vortech oil configuration.

Yeah the inlet is exactly 2'' away from radiator. I have just enough room to cram a collapsible filter or make my own since the clearance sucks. I ended up ripping out my radiator and sliding my elec fans over and trimming their edges to get every extra cm. One side note is that when you mount it up you have to move the lines that sit in the bottom of the battery tray. Mine isnt smashing them but the whole unit sort of, "rests" on top, possibly a 1-2mm clearance. Thinking about bending them in another direction. The unit is so big the thing is basically sitting flat in the bottom and the top of the unit almost clears the top of the fuse box. I am still sorting out the small details before the finishing touches are done.

Okay Well I am VERY curious to see how well the procharger fits in the SC. Sorry Dave, my shipping back the LS400 fish has been lacking, Im just awaiting some clear results on the procharger bracket - it would seem like a good way to get because of the self contained unit.

I am also eagerly awaiting SC400 procharger braket information.

We will need to use a counter clockwise rotating p1sc or equivalent head unit correct?

I just ordered a Jackshaft and will be implement it when i get back from vacation. With Jackshaft thiswill give aleast 2-3" extra from the radiator. I will also raise up the charger another inch or so for clearance and perhaps incorperate Vortech mounting pattern too.

Your mostly correct. We would technically not want the d-1 cause it is not self contained and that is really the only reason to use a procharger. We would use any of the P-1 series and the D-1SC.

I personally think that the D-1SC is over kill though unless you are doing some sort of transmission swap because the OEM tranny is not going to happily hold 400-600 rwhp.

I am preparing to buy my head unit and I just want to make absoulte sure that it is counter clockwise rotation that needs to be used correct?

Hey Ron I am using a CCW unit. its just the location of the charger and its suck/blow configuration. I will FOR SURE have this baby spinning tires by saturday so I should be able to post some pics. and I am yet to fit the belt onto the whole unit (whole assembly is bolted up) but its just tinkering around with the spacers/washers to get the correct pulley offset. If Dave could somehow raise the mounts up another 1/2-1'' then these clearance issues wont be so bad... it really hasent been to much of a migraine but more steps involved.

Also, has anyone ever gone through a tensioner pulley??? I replaced mine way back and I was thinking about how many times iv taken my belt off and its to the point where if you push down on the belt the tensioner moves up/down w/ just one finger applying pressure; probably 1/4-1/2'' movement. Replacement for future supercharger??

That seems to be pretty weakend. My tension has 124000 mi on it now and i have to use a wrench to move it.

Attachments

• DYNOMAXINSIDEBULLET.JPG
    DYNOMAXINSIDEBULLET.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 213
  • FRONTls400.JPG
    FRONTls400.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 210
  • backLS400.JPG
    backLS400.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Magnaflow 12225.JPG
    Magnaflow 12225.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 210
  • All Parts.JPG
    All Parts.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 208
  • inside t pipe.JPG
    inside t pipe.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 209
  • YPIPE 2.5 Y into 2.25.JPG
    YPIPE 2.5 Y into 2.25.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 212
yeah def time for a new one! just picked up a new one for $125 and its waiting to be put in. Also I measured the length if the belt and it seems like 9' 3-5''. or 111''-113''. I ordered one and I hope its close or its gunna be a busy day for the part guy :haha:

Your mostly correct. We would technically not want the d-1 cause it is not self contained and that is really the only reason to use a procharger. We would use any of the P-1 series and the D-1SC.

I personally think that the D-1SC is over kill though unless you are doing some sort of transmission swap because the OEM tranny is not going to happily hold 400-600 rwhp.

I am preparing to buy my head unit and I just want to make absoulte sure that it is counter clockwise rotation that needs to be used correct?
I think the P1SC is more then enough for the stock 1uzfe. D1SC would be for highly modified 1uzfe and possible step up pulley ratio by using a jackshaft system. I had a F1SC for my highly modified SVT Cobra few years back. With Jackshaft system you can alter higher boost with different pulleys. However, the jackshaft system will bring the bracket price up.

yeah i was interested in that right away until I realized I had 2'' clearance MAX, then all I can do is take the 3 layer HKS round filter out of its housing and strap it around the 4'' inducer. Its not the $100 filter I paid for in the end but it gets the job done.

Got the belt up and running and got to take her for a test drive but it wasnt exactly hunky dory. charger is driving great up till 2k. After that the car jumps as the car cant rev up much higher without huge hiccup in the rev. I can hear a lot of gear whine with mine, guess its normal for prochargers? I have the stock 11psi spring on my TIAL bov and was told to run it since they only offer 7, 9, and 11 psi springs. IS this just some sort of huge air leak?? what could cause good running order under 2k and horrible jumpy can-make-up-its-damn-mind drievability over 2k?

ok thanks Lex, swapping my stock belt back in. Hey david i thought the stock systems would adjust to the boost... whats up? what do you recomend? split second? piggy back? ems.....to much lol. Anyway these TIAL bov sounds freakin great!! rev it up a bit and 1uz lets out the hugest WOOOOSH!

Well I am just trying to amass as much info as possible. I finished to hardware side of the charger but need to learn more about the tuning side. I know now that a rising rate is the tuner of choice for stock injectors but I was getting headaches over MAF's and piggyback setups so I'm glad FMU is all I need.

My question is a little different... there's a rising rate regulator for $100 at a local shop and is for a honda that has a 12:1 ratio but has no adjust ability! I wanted to know if anyone has tuned their 1uz with this unit; cartech, vortech FMU etc. and whether the standard ratio was enough, or if I need the adjustment. I know that when I test drover her at first startup the car could not drive w/o choking over 2000rpm. Thats right where the procharger starts building air so my theory was that it was running lextremely lean.