Procharger Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
With these chargers; Can you run a smaller pulley that 'can' offer too much boost for your application, then control the boost the motor sees with a boost controller, like on turbo cars?

Yes you can. Even slightly smaller Dia will add more than you think. I was playing around w/ this idea and thought it was be sweet. What about getting a pulley thats 5 or so lb higher than you daily drive... then hook up a wastegate from turbo instead of bypass and run it to an electric boost controller. Then you would have the options of raising/lowering mad power from inside the cab. Never seen this done before on centrifugal buts is do-able. I have a 3.60'' and its 7psi w/ intercooler. David was telling me as small as a 3.40'' might add another 2psi but who knows.

redpheonix

I need pics very bad I know.... I have time today and will try my best to get some up. Been very busy getting transferred to new college.

Been trying to do some research into the wastegate, seems promising but not much supercharger related info out there.

The general consensus seems to be that having the pulley set to boost to say 15psi, then have the gate limit engine psi to 7 or whatever: Because the charger is spinning faster, you get more boost earlier in the rev range and it builds quicker...

The only possible downsides I think were hotter air from faster charger, and I guess reduced service life...

What'd you sort for the inlet? I just found this, not sure on actual intake size though:

capa_performance_intake_90deg.jpg

VORTECH/CAPA Tight Clearance 90 Degree Inlet, Plastic Duct

http://www.capa.com.au/capa_performance_intake.htm

that might work but too close for me to go buy to find out lol... I went to Home Depot and bought a $10 roll of aluminum screen material. Very fine weave thats strong enough to not suck backwards and grenade. Its just the right size... air goes thru ac condensers and then the rad and then thru the screen. I have around an inch left so I will probobly weave a layer of universal foam filter material and weave to the screen with aluminum wire rings.... its kinda my only option unless I wanna get all Marcelus Wallace with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch...

Took a few pulls behind my old high school (class 04') and timed 0-60mph. Best I could get was around mid-low 5 sec. I kept my interior and stereo intact... just daily driver plus my books from class. 7psi is sort of a tease... pulls stumps but i know I have 2psi more slack in the stock system. wonder is 400rwhp w/o LSD could dip into sub 5 second... wider rubber is in order, as 235-35-19 is not cutting it.

Anyone help me here? I have a 3.60'' and its giving 7psi and I need a 9psi pulley... 3.40'' maybe?

yeah thats a nice one... I used the original "bosch 710n" its stock from audi TT. Pretty sure that pic should work, make sure its a bypass valve tho, it said BOV on front and if its just a bypass thats MADE for venting to atmosphere then its good. Its totally do-able for BOV.. dont want to discourage but make sure you pick up an adjustable one. I dont have any pics of the wastgate setup but theres a few vett owners who use them.

killed the driver side gasket... and it was at sustained high rpm. Just pinned her getting on the freeway and then it was white smoke all the way home on the freeway but I was riding the car hard all day. Few days before i noticed an oil leak and a little smoke from tail pipe on 1 occasion so these were subtle warnings. The gaskets were oem at 200,000. Just could not stand the abuse any more. Block/pistons looked good w/o hardely any carbon buildup (all gold).

The new 1uz has steel gaskets (boost friendly) and ARP head studs as well as a complete overhaul. I just got the heads back in w/ headers so the hard work is done, now for timing belt...:eek:mfg:

LPG is a propane gas fuel that has an octane of 102 and costs less than half that of normal 91 octane petrol ;)

sorry my e-mail is

[email protected]

-No I didnt have any "tweaking" of my fish bracket. I just fabbed some spacers (for the offset) and bolt it up... no drilling required. I made the bolt hole for the idler pulley as big as the pulley DIA for a better fit but thats just preference. I cant say for sure tho that this will be exactly the same since its a different engine bay but who the hell is gunna know unless its tried?? lol.