Search results

1. 1UZ-HZ

Parts 1UZ-FE bits

Got a disassembled 1uz out of 89 Crown. Includes engine mounts to suit Holden Kingswood. $500 4spd Auto from the same vehicle $200 Dellow bellhousing to suit GM 6cyl powerglide $500
  2. 1UZ-HZ

Parts For Sale: Ross Forged Pistons

Howdy, I have a set of Ross Forged Pistons for sale specs are: Dished for 8.5:1 compression Standard type rod pin 010 overbore Basically these are from the 1st group buy we had, I honestly won't get them into an engine for a while so I'm going to sell them, I've only opened them up to have a...
  3. 1UZ-HZ

Wanted WTB Soarer (SC400) Sump and pickup

As above, prefer Australia only but if I can't get it locally I'll go international, yes Lex I'm looking at you!
  4. 1UZ-HZ

Saddam is Dead

Just checked news on the web saying that Saddam Hussien is dead, apparently hung. I'm not overly affected by it, although I'm kinda curious as to his statement about not hating the people that invaded. Anyway what do you guys think?
  5. 1UZ-HZ

Recommended fuel line size

Hi guys, I'm wondering if i can get some opinions on what size fuel line to run. I picked up 2x600hp walbro pumps cheap, but noticed they only have 10mm fittings. If I run a dual line setup would this be enough? I'm using a stock motor (slightly decompressed) with a t51zspl (changed my mind...
  6. 1UZ-HZ

LS1 Coils

Hey guys, I think I'll be buying a Wolf V500 and as I'm going for C.O.P. ignition I'm thinking of using the LS1 coils. The reason for using them is that they have the ignitor inbuilt. Does anyone think there would be a problem using them?
  7. 1UZ-HZ

Howdy, again

Hi guys, It's been a while since I've been here. Money has been a bit tight, but with the hopefull sale of my car(I'm riding a bike now) I should be able to hook in and get my car done in about 18months. I'm looking to buy my ECU, brakes, transmission and new turbo(looking like a T51-Z SPL...
  8. 1UZ-HZ

Fuel rails

Hi guys it's been a while since I've been here, I just wanted to let you know that GCG turbos are selling fuel rail kits for the 1UZ. I haven't seen pics as yet but I'm guessing they are billet. I should have a set in a few weeks and I'll post some pics up then guys!
  9. 1UZ-HZ

Is Black a Good Colour?

Hey guys, I've had my engine built for a little while (standard atm, just new rings bearings and ACL gasket kit with MLS head gaskets), I gave it a coat of paint a while ago and forgot to take photos!!! BTW it's a bit dusty in my shed even with a couple layers of sheets :) I'm still working...
  10. 1UZ-HZ

What's Your Inspiration

What gets you guys motivated to work on your projects??? I use: American Hot Rod Rides Drag racing on SBS and ESPN HPI dvd's with the HKS Supra and Blast Soarer Watching some loser in a Hyundai Excel/Honda Civic etc etc trying to do a burnout and or trying to drag me on my bike. And...
  11. 1UZ-HZ

Toyota Nationals

Anyone from here going to the Toyota nationals in Dubbo??? Just wondering to see it's going to be worth going out to the drag strip.
  12. 1UZ-HZ

Parts Auto For Sale

Hey guys, I have a '91crown auto for sale. Came out of my 1/2 cut which had 127 000kms, I can't comment on condition but the fluid looked fine and didn't stink. So make me an offer...
  13. 1UZ-HZ

Isn't it Christmas???

My parents like to put on a good light show at christmas time, they are the only people in the street to put some time and effort into the christmas spirit. And what happens???!!! A bunch of young rich spoilt assed kids turn up and try as hard as they can to rip almost an entire side of my...
  14. 1UZ-HZ

I Was Supposed to Remove Some Rust

On a 27 year old car, you have to expect the dreaded tin worm, but now i see myself stripping paint from the doors to fix up all the "imperfections" from factory spot welds and find myself looking at some small things on the car and thinking 'I can make that look better'. The car was never meant...
  15. 1UZ-HZ

My ARP Studs

I was a bit scared to post this, but after WEEKS of testing, test fitting AND 2 broken inlet cams, I've found that 2 of my arp studs(one on either side) will not fit in under the inlet cam gear. I've checked everything that would be causing interferance. I used different studs and I had the same...
  16. 1UZ-HZ

Head Bolt/Stud Thread pitch

As above, just need to know what the pitch is. Thanks
  17. 1UZ-HZ

Cam Bolt Diagram?

Does somebody have a diagram on the tightening order of the cam caps? I've had a look on this site and I can't seem to find anything on it, just the torque settings.
  18. 1UZ-HZ

Intake manifold and waterbridge gasket thickness

Hi, I've got the thicker Cometic gaskets, how thick would I need the inlet and waterbridge gaskets?
  19. 1UZ-HZ

Rods...

Hi, I emailed PAR racing products on Monday, here's the reply I received; Greetings, Making a custom set is not a problem. For a 1 off set of 8 rods you will be looking at $2000. If you were to order quantities the price will be $1350 for 10+ sets. Please feel free to ask further...
  20. 1UZ-HZ

Cutting An Intercooler

I've changed my mind on intercooling and I'm now going to run a water to air system. I have a large 600mm x 300mm x 100mm bar and plate intercooler and after talking to a good welder, I may get it cut down to a 300 x 300 x 200 I/C weld some tanks onto it and use it as a water to air I/C. What do...