Fuel rails

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZ-HZ

Hi guys it's been a while since I've been here, I just wanted to let you know that GCG turbos are selling fuel rail kits for the 1UZ. I haven't seen pics as yet but I'm guessing they are billet. I should have a set in a few weeks and I'll post some pics up then guys!

cost me about AUD$120 to make, including fittings, lines, machining and beer
"1000hp" fuel rail extrusion costs about AUD$45/m from a workshop in sydney

fuel_rail1.jpg

Hey Ed,

Most Lexus owners don't even know how to change spark plugs and most of our members don't have the time, network or knowledge to create these fuel rails. Secondly, most of our members don't have an extra engine at home so they can machine to fit into the manifold. The parts are cheap, but making it work into the manifold will take some trials and errors.

If you can do it yourself then its great way to save money, but the time, knowledge, skill and connections (knowing someone can help machining) most people don't have. Remember, these rails were designed and engineered by Wolfkatz not me. To save couple hundred bucks and possible headaches, I would just purchase it from someone who tested and documented. I did tried to make it myself, but it would cost more then I saved.

am happy to pass on the details of the extrusion supplier to anyone who wants to give it a crack though :)

cheers!
ed

Ed,

How are you holding the rails down?

Are you planning on making small plates and bolting them on (as per Wolfkratz) or some other method.

For Australian members these may be an option.

bolt on tab, or even just welded on tab (x4 of)

havent done that bit yet - havent had a manifold in front of me for a while due to other fabrication going on :)

cheers
ed

Stock rails are bloody huge, well compared to a 3SGTE rail they are...can't see them ever needing to be changed. Only mod i have done is twin entry.

That's not to say a pair of extruded rails don't look the goods

Me BAD, you are right mate, he has ones for the UZ1 as well :) i must off been asleep when i looked lol

thats a dame good price as well $190 AUD :tongue2:

Yeah keep in mnd you need to get the fittings you want, but for two rails with all the hardware to mount, its pretty good value I think. Since there is such little R&D in fuel rails, its pretty hard to get away with hundreds and hundreds of dollars premium. Ask him for some pics or PM me your email and I will send them to you.

NZ