What's Your Inspiration

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZ-HZ

What gets you guys motivated to work on your projects???
I use:
American Hot Rod
Rides
Drag racing on SBS and ESPN
HPI dvd's with the HKS Supra and Blast Soarer
Watching some loser in a Hyundai Excel/Honda Civic etc etc trying to do a burnout and or trying to drag me on my bike.
And flicking through aftermarket parts books(like Rocket, NOS etc) at work.

Jez

That moment of freefall before you land smoothly - the tree's whizzing by at warp speed while you're squinting into the middle distance trying to see through the dust - that moment just before you release the steering brake and your foots buried to the firewall and you're 45deg to the road... and you're still 15 feet before the apex of the corner...

I wanna go racing!

it happen again last night i was driving around and a 98 vett came up to me and wanted to go... now i dont have my tt engine in yet, so i still tried and yea i lost :aargh4: I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE, and the sad part was he was only like 23 or so...
soon enough i kill all vetts :rocketwho

I've scared a Porsche 928 last week

he was beside me, then flored, then released just to "prime" me.
I did the same, flored, but the car downshifted in 1st gear, He heard the 1UZ going from 1300RPM to 5500RPM in 1 sec, then saw the kick it gives when it shifts the 2nd gear.

On the red light he didn't tried me :( sad for him cause I would have lost!

TV shows (Overhaulin', Wrecks to Riches, American Hot Rod, American Chopper, Rides and the Spike TV Powerblock shows(tough to catch though, weekends are for wrenchin'), Mags, and stuff on the web.

After years of getting no respect driving a luxury sports car (SC400) from close friends with faster cars, and also I got tired of losing races time and time again to 4.6L stock automatic GT Mustangs, Camaro's and the final straw was losing a race to a a new Honda.....I said enough is enough...plus the worst was when you are stopped at a red light in an SC4 and need to accelerate from a dead stop to pass the car next too you, well unless it is an 18 wheeler you need to pass, let's just say you will remain stopped and wait for an opening... I would always have to wait, the stock torque converter pissed me off more then words can describe....

Then I got to thinking a V8 dual overhead cam engine let's just see what can be done rather then leasing a new sportscar for alot of money.....and then the thought of a super fast SC400 got me modifying....Now I get respect on the street and from friends.

Anyway, if I ever lose a street race now it is never by much and not often.... Great feeling....but I still can't take a New Vette or E55 AMG and that pisses me off.....Let's just say the motivation remains intact....

if i may...wats motivating me is the appeal of a car that suits my place at the time in life....im reachin 30, i cant be in a honda...i want luxury, quality, stability...sometin to show, other than good gas milage....so i migrated from honda and decided an an sc...dont have one yet, but i let my hondas go, my prime reason for the sc was its sporty look(reminds me of my 98 lude) and how it narrows your tunnin options makin it easier on you to pick....v8, or 2j, ive never had a blower or boost, but imma doit this time. tunning is my life, and imma take it wit me to everystage of my being...i just need the rite car to accompany me.