My ARP Studs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZ-HZ

I was a bit scared to post this, but after WEEKS of testing, test fitting AND 2 broken inlet cams, I've found that 2 of my arp studs(one on either side) will not fit in under the inlet cam gear. I've checked everything that would be causing interferance. I used different studs and I had the same problem, to me it is as if the thread that screws into the head is not long enough, I know it doesn't make any sense at all, because Lex has installed these with no problem. ANY comments and suggestions are welcome!!!!
Oh yeh, since this is my "test" engine I replace the 2 studs with standard Toyota bolts, which were checked for stretch.
Thanks for any help

Jeremy

Jeremy,

The guy was helping was FIRED. The two bolts on the inlet cams supposely sent along with the kit, but he failed to attached those two special screws. The regular ARP nuts are little too tall and interfere with the inlet cams. The two specials screws are little shorter and will clear the inlet cam gear. I am sorry for the mistake and i offer to send u the special nuts and inlet cams too.

Anyhow, this problem would not occur on the VVti 1uzfe, 2uzfe or 3uzfe. They have different inlet cam gear position. Any my helper was FIRED and he was history. Where can get good help these days?

If only it was that easy, the nuts are not the problem. I still have no idea why the studs will not screw in far enough on those 2 locations, they were the only ones not to screw in far enough, which I didn't know until 2 inlet cams broke. I would have taken a pic of what I'm talking about, but I eerrrr "misplaced" the studs in a fit of rage...