Is Black a Good Colour?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZ-HZ

Hey guys,
I've had my engine built for a little while (standard atm, just new rings bearings and ACL gasket kit with MLS head gaskets), I gave it a coat of paint a while ago and forgot to take photos!!!
BTW it's a bit dusty in my shed even with a couple layers of sheets :)
I'm still working on the body of the HZ...just being fussy with some things on it, getting rid of some rust and waiting for my little sandblaster to turn up.

black is good, when its not covered in dust. stay away from black if you live in a desert.

I agree with Lex nice headers!!!! They say once you go black you never come back...Looks good, hope you used high temp paint and prepared the surfaces for painting before or it will peal away on you....

Black is a rediculous color for cars. It gets a film of dust in about 5 minutes, desert or not...Looks great but a pain to keep clean..

jibbby said:
Black is a rediculous color for cars. It gets a film of dust in about 5 minutes, desert or not...Looks great but a pain to keep clean..
there are ways to combat that. keep your car clean, wax it, etc.

Anaema - I have owned black cars, you can polish, wax, use a diaper on them and it doesn't matter, but leave it outside for a day and a film of dust will show up on Black much faster then other lighter color cars......Also sit a white car in the sun as aposed to a black car, and you will notice the difference in heat inside the car two cars. Black just cooks......

I use to own a dealership so the black cars would always need washing twice as much as the white or light color cars...Also did you know that a white factory color paint will last twice as long as a factory painted black car...The heat and effect of the sun has something to do with that....Dark green color isn't much better either.....