yet another idle issue.....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lill daddy

Hey guys,

so the problem im having is that once warm my idle will hold up at about 1200rpm no matter if its in D or N... so when your driving and take your foot off the gas its like having cruise control on like it doesnt start decel by itself.... but you can give the throttle a "blip" and it comes right till the next time you gas it... this is also the case in N (will drop back to a nice idle speed after a blip) this problem just started happening out of no where and have put 10k on my conversion since complete... have checked throttle body to make sure its "snapping" shut and checked for air leaks... would the ISAV be the next place to look at? wondering if its gummed up and not quite returning to where it should then the rush of air when blipping it gets it back? im thinking its either that or something in the cold start circuit getting "stuck"...

any thoughts/help would be much appreciated :)

cheers
Adam

I had the same 'kind of' high idle issue on my last conversion, it turned out to be a sticking throttle cable. It would snap shut if I blipped it but would stick with slow movements of the acclerator pedal (normal driving)

k ill check that again but i put a extra return spring on the throttle body incase anything happened to my cable... i pulled the idle stepper motor out and its a rebuildable one so i cleaned and lubed everything and reinstalled... i thought i had fixed the issue but now it seems to stall out but the next minute its fine... the bearings seemed okay but maybe i should replace them??? are the motors on these units known to burn out?

thanks for the reply :)

or any other ideas to test the ISCV? sometimes it drives perfect others on start up it sits up at nearly 2000 rpm and never comes right on that drive... but then the next drive it might be 100%.... so not to sure....