Yet another diagram question.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Doug68

Hi All,

I've been scouring the site but been unable to find links that match up with my engine. So the code on the ECU is 89661-30500, which from searching other threads should mean its from a:

1991 UZS141 Crown Majesta
89661-30500
175000-4911
pins (same config as soarer/sc400)
plug 1 40+40p
plug 2 40p

The motor is a Jap import and was billed to me as coming from a Celsior if that makes any difference.

The O2 sensors on the engine are single wire, the only diagrams that I've found have been for two or more wire O2 sensors.

I believe I have the engine loom fairly intact, but for the the 3rd of the 40P plugs I just have the plug and a stub of wiring, similarly for the fan ECU and the traction control unit (neither of which I will be using though.
I assume that there must be another loom that they plug into as theres not obvious hacks on the engine loom.

There is also this plug (see attached), which is not for the ECU, which I dont know the purpose of...

So does anyone have the wiring diagrams for the engine setup I have?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Plug.jpg
    Plug.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 63
Here's a bigger picture of the situation, hopefully this'll help identify the situation, I'm aiming to strip out the wiriing thats not required.

Attachments

• Big.jpg
    Big.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 79
Doug,

You can lighten the load a fair bit on the wire side. Did you get the engine as a running package complete with air flow meter etc? I agree with Sideshow it looks more like an SC400 or more likely a Soarer non traction control looking at the engine badge and tb.

Do you have a side view of the engine showing sump position or a close up of the ecu part number.

I presume you have to do an IM240 test?

[FONT=&quot]Hi All,

I should have said I've cut off the traction control from the TB and ground it down.
I'll be getting the holes welded up in it at some point.

I have the AFM (hiding under right roll bar back stay), original cats and even the original airbox, so I've pretty much got all I could hope for.

ID'ing the motor...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engine badges/signage: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Has the Toyota logo on the plenum and “V8 FOUR CAM 32” on the plug covers [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So its either an SC400 or Celsior[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Engine mounts: Cast Alloy "ears" that stick straight out with a rubber isolator with one stud each end. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So its either a Crown (post-96) or SC400 [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Mine are designated L & R and actually sweep back a little but not much)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sump: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Front sump, external dipstick tube.
So its a: Crown Royal Majesta, - UZS 141 & UZS151 or a LS400 or a Celsior

Intake: Had traction control until I cut it off.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So it could be any model.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Air filter assembly:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Rectangular assembly.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]so it is a Crown UZS 141 & UZS151 or a SC400[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Fuel lines: Go over the top of the LHS cam cover.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So sound like either Crown or SC400

Fuel rails: Billet fuel rails[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
So early 1uz 1989-1994

Cooling fan: Competer controlled hydraulic fan.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So ?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Oil filters mounting assemblies:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Below the AC
So a Crown UZS 141 & UZS151 or a SC400

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Power steering: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It had the PS pump with the reservoir on it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So Crown, LS400 or Celsior[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Thermostat housing:
Not sure of the differences .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Wiring Harness: Has the oil gauge in the sump.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Crown UZS 141 & UZS151 or maybe Celsior or LS400?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ECU: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Single ECU[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
So a Crown UZS 141 & UZS151 or a SC400 or LS400 or Celsior[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Exhaust: Here’s mine you tell me?[/FONT]

Headers01.jpg

Given most of the above and the ECU number, I believe its from a [FONT=&quot]Crown Royal Majesta, - UZS 141. Anyone disagree?[/FONT]

Ha ha!

I've not got to the fun part yet!
Just finding the information to get started seems to be the hardest part of the job to me.

Crown Majesta UZS141 gets my vote.

Doug,

Peel back some of the loom to expose the wires they will have a manufacture year printed on them as do the plug leads (but they get replaced some times). The bigger power lead / earth strap is a good one to check.

Not sure how close this would be to the 80/40 SC400 ecu pin out but it would be a good place to start. Grab a multi meter and a slab of beer and buzz the wires back to the plug. Try the 92 -95 SC400 wiring diagram and see if the numbers line up. http://www.lextreme.com/misc.html

Alternatively you could just go aftermarket right from the start if you have to do an IM240 test anyway regardless of ecu it would be the way to go in the long run.

I hear on the whisper vine that they are only giving out temp permits until the full IM240 testing is imposed.

Don't weld the holes up on the TB just tap them out to 3/8" NPT it's a good spot for air temp sensor if you go aftermarket ecu.

Last edited:
Hi Cobber,

There’s a moratorium on the IM240 at the moment, the trades association woke up in the end to what it was going to do to them.
There’s no real telling where this will go in the end but my tack on this is to run the engine effectively as 100% stock and go from there.

So far this is the closest diagram I've been able to assemble for the engine:

http://guerillamotive.com/Docs/Wiring.pdf

Agree the best tack is to stay stock for engineering but if it won't pass an IM 240 stock your sausaged you can't adjust them, at least with an aftermarket ec you can tune it in for the test. I know previously new un modified Falcons and Dunnydoors were failing the "WA" IM240 hence the moratorium amongst other issues long, long story. I'm glad mine went over the pits before all this kerfuffle. I know of one cobra that has been granted 6 months temporary rego subject to an IM240 pass when it is introduced.

If you need a hand drop me a line I'm not too far away from you.

if you have to do an emissions test y would u use an old 1uz
dont forget they are 15 to 20 years old now
not sure in wa but in sydney an aftermarket ecu is usually illegal most of the time
even if it passes emissions
its a stupid no win situation which is killing the performance industry which is why im
eventually moving to qld and getting into diagnostics of late model cars and stick to doing mail order looms on the side

anyway ive never seen a crown with an 80 40 pin config
i might be wrong but ive never really worried about what the 1uzs came from
i know most fo the wiring off top of my head so just do them without diags

u should be able to use an sc400 diag for that harness
just pick about 10 or 20 wires and get a multimeter and see if the wires match up with
the diagram you have then go from there

At the time I bought the motor there was no emissions test, then they've tried to introduce it and well the situation now is 'confused'.

My intention is to stay stock for as long as possible to see how the legal situation pans out, then if the IM 240 is reintroduced I'll deal with it then, once the situation is properly settled.

Doug,

There seems to be endless variations in OEM ecu's, don't panic if the wire colours don't match up with your diagram either just make sure the pin numbers match up to the right plugs. Electricity Toyota and Lexus all seem to be colour blind.

One thing for the OEM ecu when they are set up right they do run sweet on a std engine. Pretty much anything more than a std engine and your better off going aftermarket ecu. A couple of things won't line up like the multi wire o2 sensors etc. You will find that the unidentified plug you posted at the start of the thread will be your power wires and relay connections. Most of the auto box wires can be removed as well. The diagram you have shows a fuel pump ecu but you may be able to do away with needing that too.

I would suggest as per Sideshow's post go one wire at a time. Very rewarding when she springs into life. Below is my bench test before the install with OEM ecu. I had never played with efi stuff before and it took me a weekend to sort through and get it running.

Aftermarket ecu is not "illegal" in the West.
Doug, you may see on your permission to build your ICV (a true ICV I may add) that it says the word "intent" to meet the ADR's ;-)

Sideshow,

See you in Queensland in a few years time, the state that makes sense. Another year or so here to soak up a bit more of the mining, oil & gas money for us and were heading back home to put our feet up and get skin cancer on the beach.

Attachments

• IMGP0670.JPG
    IMGP0670.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 84
wife wants to move to a more beachy town
she is sick of sydney
and im sick of the idiots who ring me all the time
ive up my prices for crappy jobs as ive had enough of that type of customer
who wants me to just fix the job they tried to do but failed
its either full job or nothing these days

and with most people on forums doing it themselves i want to start getting into diagnosing late model cars cause i can do that much quicker than yr every day auto elect and those customers usually just pay and dont complain like conversion customers

Forums are full of people wanting to DIY, that's why they seek out the forums and ask questions. That's what forums are all about DIYers helping each other.

A spray painter I went to see yesterday said he doesn't even open his quote book for jobs under $5,000 and it's the best decision he ever made.
My brother in law in the UK does exactly what you are looking to do Sideshow, he just trouble shoots electrical problems in late model cars. He contracts himself out to all the local car dealers minimum call out fee 100 pound ($200) and 90% of the time he replaces a 5 cent fuse. His best customer is a Renult dealer and is almost full time there....

Have a go Doug you have got nothing to loose, just don't let the smoke out of the ecu.

It is similar to the SC400. I searched for ages and finally matched it up to mine. I spent a couple of weeks cross referencing everything and it all worked out.

Mine was a Crown Majesta as well.