Wideband install on LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ca12los

I am about to install an AEM wideband gauge in my ride, and It says to put the O2 sensors 18" downstream from the exhaust.
Now on the LS or SC would this be possible???
What have some of you guys done with your setup??
Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• LX2.jpg
    LX2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 22
  • LX3.jpg
    LX3.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for the advice LEX...Great site!!!!
I ended up installing it on the passenger side CAT right before it get filtered. Hopefully there will be no problems in the future with it. The Gauge seems to be marking accuretly so far.

Ideally you'd want one per bank, but for a few of my customer's cars with V-series engines, we placed the o2 in the y-pipes

before cats if you want the most accurate reading. I like Ihiryu's y pipe plan, as it makes better use of the 1 sensor. You could relocate the cats a few inches down stream to allow a piece of straight pipe between the stock cats and manifolds and then place it there. If you can deal with spending about 400 on 2 sensors, this would give you the most accurate setup. 1 day bought my first sensor and installed 1 side, the next month I bought the other side due to the double price. A single sensor is ok, but remember that your blending the afr of both banks together so if an injector one 1 side sticks open, it wont be as obvious on the display. Having the #2 sensor/display wil be almost like a flashing light when you know both screens should be identical when the engine is running properly.

before cats if you want the most accurate reading. I like Ihiryu's y pipe plan, as it makes better use of the 1 sensor. You could relocate the cats a few inches down stream to allow a piece of straight pipe between the stock cats and manifolds and then place it there. If you can deal with spending about 400 on 2 sensors, this would give you the most accurate setup. 1 day bought my first sensor and installed 1 side, the next month I bought the other side due to the double price. A single sensor is ok, but remember that your blending the afr of both banks together so if an injector one 1 side sticks open, it wont be as obvious on the display. Having the #2 sensor/display wil be almost like a flashing light when you know both screens should be identical when the engine is running properly.

currently im not running the front two cats im only using the one in the y pipe section, so technically if i go ahead and do this i can use the bungs that already exist for the secondary 02 sensors:cool:

currently im not running the front two cats im only using the one in the y pipe section, so technically if i go ahead and do this i can use the bungs that already exist for the secondary 02 sensors:cool:

It doesnt get any easier than that! That will work perfectly.

I'm about to get a wideband but can only afford one at the moment so on a stock soarer manifold is there a particular side I should put it on or does it not really matter?

Cheers
Robert