Why won't my 1uz-fe blow up?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Ya, the centri will turn a small block power curve into a big block power curve, so stroke to a big block 5.2L and then throw the centri on... it would drive like a 6.0L+

Attachments

• Ford Mod vs SB.jpg
    Ford Mod vs SB.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 326
Spf lexus - Boost is great and stuff, but nothing like big N/A "reliable" horse power on command combined with a great matching manual transmission.

I've personally always been into the simple meat and potato applications. The only boosted car I have ever owned in my life and drove was the older 300zx twin turbo's, nothing but trouble always.. Drove a new Porsche turbo not too long ago, roasted the hell out of it and it had to be serviced right after that. I don't have alot of confidence with boost..

- LS3 motor with cams, ZO6 intake, and full exhaust = 400whp easy and maybe more.. A simple hook up of my nitrous dry system and then I got real potential to motor hard. Even in a heavy SC4... That's always been my plan for over a year now, just ran into money problems which stalled the progress...

V10 with 6 speed sporting 600bhp even sounds better. Never even considered that do to fitment issues..

No offense to all you boosted guys out there, this is just my preference..

Jib

You have to video the melt down or at least the attempt before you pull the 1uz out. Foot to the floor in neutral and see how long she runs at full rpm. We could run a sweep stake on the closest to the time. You could always hit the NOS at full rpm to help things out if she won't blow.

How much is an LS3 crate motor in the States now?
Australia they are $6,500 Au including flywheel & clutch.

Have to agree in the boost department. Only reason mine is SC'ed is because the centri is near impervious to neglect so I figured my amateur skills could muster the install.

but even still! 5.2L with cams and basics = $5,000 and very close to LS performance.

Last attempt to keep yota braun in there :)

- LS3 motor with cams, ZO6 intake, and full exhaust = 400whp easy and maybe more.. A simple hook up of my nitrous dry system and then I got real potential to motor hard.

Very true, power would be incredible.

But I doub't you'll make the same topic as this about an LS engine after a few years of abuse ;)

drive it like usual till you get your LS motor done and then just do the swap, and sell your good running 1uz to a swapper to make up some of your swap cost! You won't get more than a couple Jacksons for a blown up core, but you could sell the pullout running for way more than that.

Jibby

Videotape a 150 shot while holding WOT during a burnout.... wont blow up engine but would dish up some youtube eye candy :)

I think you could work Justin's burnout vids for suuuuuuuure

I dont see how the nitrus is maxed out at 150, just take the pill out and you should end up with a 500-1000hp shot..

Jib

You have to video the melt down or at least the attempt before you pull the 1uz out. Foot to the floor in neutral and see how long she runs at full rpm. We could run a sweep stake on the closest to the time. You could always hit the NOS at full rpm to help things out if she won't blow.

How much is an LS3 crate motor in the States now?
Australia they are $6,500 Au including flywheel & clutch.

I see them crated complete for around $7000-$8000 USD..

Hang out on the GM forums long enough like I have been doing and continue to search the wreck yards and you can pull it off for around $3000-$3500...

Very true, power would be incredible.

But I doub't you'll make the same topic as this about an LS engine after a few years of abuse ;)

No the LS3 motor won't hold up like an early model 1uz-fe motor, not a chance..Then again, I don't know many motors that can. Maybe the old Q45 Infinity V8 motor could stand the best chance.

However, I'm convinced the 6.2L LS3 motor is a very nice and stout motor that can take some good abuse and last a reasonalby long time.

I dont see how the nitrus is maxed out at 150, just take the pill out and you should end up with a 500-1000hp shot..

True, but I never took out the pill out. Anything much over the 150 shot will really cause havoc in many areas, timing for starters. I don't even think the early model 1uzfe's can handle solid 200 shot with just a rich fuel mix and high volume fuel pump.

I think a solid 200 shot in my car with it's current settings would blow the motor.. All I got is a Walbro fuel pump and fuel tune piggyback ECU installed and that's it. Stock injectors, factory ECU timing..

That puppy would start pinging and knocking with the best of them at high rpms with a true 200 shot.. Probably run lean at some point and blow and or melt a piston too.. Hmmm?

There is no point to this thread really, other then the fact that these early model 1uz-fe's are basically bullet proof.

Jakey, I get the feeling your still busting my balls after all this time. Hmmm?