Why won't my 1uz-fe blow up?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

It's been a while since I posted on this forum. Read and seen it all pretty much regarding the 1uzfe's...

During the past two years I've really been neglected my SC400. I ran Nitrous and raced it for many years, floored it every chance I got. It has 170,000 miles on it now and runs just as good as when I bought it. Barely burns any oil to date and still purs and idles perfect , I run synthetic oil and never change it, I don't warm it up in the mornings and I don't put 92 octane fuel in it either. Timing belt is over due, spark plugs are 70,000 miles old and still firing strong. I still hammer it all the time and it still runs perfect and won't die. I don't understand this????:33:

I am looking for an excuse to start this LS3 swap of mine, basically waiting for this 1uz-fe of mine to die out, save some more cash from this recession hit, etc.. . It appears I may be waiting a long time.

Any ideas on how to waste this motor because I just can't figure out on how to do it.. It's stout as hell:shhh:

Jibbby if you're really intent on ruining the motor, just drain the oil and drive it 'till it seizes.

We ought to start a pool to see who can guess the closest to how far you'll get without any oil!

If your set on doing the swap and want to see how far you can push the motor till it dies, just increase your nitrous till it blows up. I know id love to see a rough estimate on how much nitrous the 1uz will take before it blows up!

Im in to see what a 500 shot would do to it. do it at the track tho so we can see the time slips up till it blows up.

Jibbby if you're really intent on ruining the motor, just drain the oil and drive it 'till it seizes.

We ought to start a pool to see who can guess the closest to how far you'll get without any oil!
It'll be about 15 minutes. I knew a guy who worked at a Toyota dealer that forgot to put in the oil for a customer's car. I forgot what that car was. After the customer drove for about 15 minutes, her car completely got seized up and toasted. Actually, you don't need to drain the oil, but drain the coolant instead and keep running the car on NOS until the engine is heated up to the point that it'll blow the head gaskets.

John,
Just like David said, drop off your car at his place, come up after 30 minutes, and your car will have an excuse for another engine. However, I don't guarantee the tranny would stay the same. :crazy:

Your whole post jibby is pretty much why we all chose the 1UZ to begin with, and not pushrod chevs lol. (power aside....)

Mine has even been upside down before and still going strong years later, running boost and LPG fuel ;)

Attachments

• s_janos.jpg
    s_janos.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 57
Jibby,

It you may be an old man before it quits on you.

How would you go as a 70 year old doing an engine swap?

I know I would like to think I would still be up for it in my 70's but by then I'd probably be swapping the electric motor in my mobility scooter for a lawn mower engine!

Forget LSx. This is what you need with 6 speed.

dodge-viper-15.jpg

600 bhp at your right toes and 6 speeds at your finger tips. Need I say more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9brEjn9WVpY

Attachments

• dry sump.jpg
    dry sump.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 36
This is just too funny. Blow it up and stroke it Jibby! Haven't you been on top of the 5.2L progress?

I bet the stroker kit costs the price of the LS7...

BTW, Lex thats an 8.0 viper engine! not fair to compare to our 1/2 size little cousin LOL

I'v tried to blow a factory 1UZ too. No matter the rev limiter time it had, the never ending burn outs, the 120+ neutral drops, my 1UZ never so much as hiccuped. I look forward to the adaptronic install in which ill have the rev limiter super high, I'd love to see when it'll blow. I say, keep trying!

What is the rev limit on an un opened NA 1uz?

The only thing to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and 1UZ's.

What is the rev limit on an un opened NA 1uz?

The only thing to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and 1UZ's.

Our factory ECUs limit it at about 6300, some have said it will blow arount 8K, but I'm not sure. From what I'v heard, 7500 is a good upper limit setting for a rev limiter. I think with the stock cams and fuel, the motor just won't breath to rev any higher before it blows :biggrin:

Well said!!!!

Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha, funny replies from you clowns, it's nice to hear from some of the old knuckle heads on this forum after all this time. Glad to see all is still in order over here on this famous and legendary Lextreme website.

Ok, engine destruction suggestions -

I don't want to run it with no oil, can't boost it up too 20psi with no turbo's installed. I have already pegged out my dry nitrous system at a 150 shot. I've also over heated the 10lb Nitro bottles to 1800psi and still nothing happened when discharged. I even accidently ran the fuel mix faily lean under full nitro shots for a while and no kaboooom. The almighty 1uz-fe just ran with more power when lean, however, I did hear some pinging noises at high rpms on many occasions. I never messed with the timing either. It's just crazy.. Did that for a few years. I just about broke everything on my actual SC400, that is everthing but the 1uz-fe motor itself..:nono:

Seriously, I cannot blow this motor up if I tried. I've been trying too the old fashion way, floor it as much as possible, never change the sythetic oil, no maintenance what so ever, air filter is one year old and black, I've tried to kill it with max nitrous shots, etc... Still purs like a kitten..

It's a freak of nature. I tell you the early model 1uzfe's almost defies the laws of physics. I kid you not..:drive:

Forget LSx. This is what you need with 6 speed.

dodge-viper-15.jpg

600 bhp at your right toes and 6 speeds at your finger tips. Need I say more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9brEjn9WVpY

Lex, you may be onto something there. Now that's a stout N/A motor. I've always been in awe of those big V10's. You think you could squeeze that monster under the hood of an SC400? Have you looked into the fit? Good luck with that one buddy.. The LS3 is a challenge in itself, let alone a Viper motor...:popcorn:

Our factory ECUs limit it at about 6300, some have said it will blow arount 8K, but I'm not sure. From what I'v heard, 7500 is a good upper limit setting for a rev limiter. I think with the stock cams and fuel, the motor just won't breath to rev any higher before it blows :biggrin:

Well said!!!!

Cob and Snipe, you guys could be onto something with those posts... Set my SC400 in 1st gear lock on the tranny shift, hit the nitrous at a 150 shot, keep it floored and on a down hill slope and see what happens with the first gear winding out. That should do the trick for sure I would think..:tongue2:

Well, with my luck the tranny would blow again before the motor...

how about just stroking the 1uz... less headache and good power no? maybe a centrifugal supercharger?