VK Calais powered by Lexus

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Damo

Well, well, well....

Now the fun really begins. I finally took delivery of my half cut this morning. But I am a little confused.

When ordering my cut from The Toy Shop, it was specifically mentioned that it was a front sump Crown Majesta. So, I've basically started to plan things based on the assumption thats what I would have. But now it seems I have taken delivery of a Crown Royal Saloon (the badges are still on it) UZS-131. This sorta throws my plan askew a little.

I'm gonna email Brad and just sorta try and find out what happened. But, putting sump, exhaust & driveline issues aside, is it really any different? I believe it makes a bit less power than the Majesta motor. I haven't taken the covers off to check the spark plug leads yet for the year. Its got 128k on the clock. And what looks like some Japenese rego papers or sale papers in the glovebox (plus a packet of Osaka Express bus company tissues).

I put a battery in it to see what would happen, and as soon as I put the terminals on, the bloody compressor for the air bags at the front started up and scared the crap out of me. The radio wouldn't turn on nor would the tv looking thing in the centre of the dash. What is that by the way?

Here's a technical question - is it a bad sign when the gear selector wont come out of park? I dunno. This half cut was fully dressed, panels, brakes and all. There's even a nice V8-Four cam-32 valve badge that might find a new home too!

Basically I don't know how to feel at the moment. Happy that I have my motor, or a bit miffed since I didn't get what I paid for. Sorry for the long post!

Cheers

Damo

Damo said:
And what looks like some Japenese rego papers or sale papers in the glovebox (plus a packet of Osaka Express bus company tissues).
mine came with that sorta stuff as well!! :D
came with a japanese map of a city of there...plus an empty carton of japanese smokes if i remember correctly.

Damo said:
I put a battery in it to see what would happen, and as soon as I put the terminals on, the bloody compressor for the air bags at the front started up and scared the crap out of me. The radio wouldn't turn on nor would the tv looking thing in the centre of the dash. What is that by the way?
lol, just look out when u start tearing the thing apart and you get to the compressor lines....pshhhhhhhhh!!!! and down she goes! lol
i think with mine the radio and tv thingy would turn on, but thats as far as they would go...radio didnt actually receive anything or make a noise...just lit up. that screen would turn on and get little japanese writing next to each button but couldnt get it to go any further.

Damo said:
Here's a technical question - is it a bad sign when the gear selector wont come out of park? I dunno.
with the gear selector you will find a red button on the shifter.... this has to pressed in hard to disengage the park lock feature on it. i think u might also have to have your foot on the brake at the same time.
try them and it should shift freely. i thought mine was stuffed also!! :p

hope some of that helps.
congrats on getting an engine anyway.

gees you get more working stuff in a half cut than i imagined.... i thought they took the breaks off at least.. o well all the better for you.

Keep us posted with your conversion....
and let us know who you do it through

thefastj said:
with the gear selector you will find a red button on the shifter.... this has to pressed in hard to disengage the park lock feature on it. try them and it should shift freely. i thought mine was stuffed also!! :p
Aha! says the stupid man. Yes, pressing the red button with all the funny Japanese writing on it (the only button with Japanese writing on it) and moving the stick at the same time worked!

Drizt said:
gees you get more working stuff in a half cut than i imagined.... i thought they took the breaks off at least.. o well all the better for you.
It depends on your luck really. Some halfcuts will come fairly raped of extra parts, others will come untouched (apart from the rear part of the car missing :p).