Valve Spring Upgrade Recommendations

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
If the 1uz and the 2jzgte springs are virtually the same thing, You're all wasting your money!
Stock 2jz valvetrain is good beyond 30psi and up to 8k rpm. Don't forget that higher rate valve springs will wear out much faster versus the stock couterpart.

Sounds like all we need are the stock 2JZGTE springs and nothing more, right? I wonder what spring pressure the later 1UZ (vvti) and 3UZ motors have. Hopefully they are the same as the 2JZGTE and I wont have to replace anything.

Here are some racing springs for 2JZ.
They are rated at 85 psi seat pressure and can rev 2jz up to 11,000. They are high strength dual springs with tatimum retainers from KMS springs and retainers are perfect for high rev applications.

For strength, weight, fit, and finish KMS retainers can go head-to-head with any leading brand.

KMS provides the highest quality springs and retainers at a better price.

Lextreme said:
Here are some racing springs for 2JZ.
They are rated at 85 psi seat pressure and can rev 2jz up to 11,000. They are high strength dual springs with tatimum retainers from KMS springs and retainers are perfect for high rev applications.

For strength, weight, fit, and finish KMS retainers can go head-to-head with any leading brand.

KMS provides the highest quality springs and retainers at a better price.
Ok so for definate will they be a direct replacement with out extra machining, and will the cam (OEM or aftermarket) wear out quicker working against these pressures????

More importantly what's the $$$$$ damage???

Another GP??? ;)

Mark

Attachments

• en 068.jpg
    en 068.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 138
  • en 097.jpg
    en 097.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 138
  • en 099.jpg
    en 099.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 138
  • en 100.jpg
    en 100.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 137
But wgere are yougoing to get the extra 8 sets of springs for cylinders 7 & 8?

Do three people buy 4 sets and spit the 4th set?

That makes them US $500 for our engine.

Lextreme said:
i can call them up.... and see if you guys are interested....
I'm on the case already! ;)

369/24 * 32 is USD492, though they will go to USD475 for 8 sets.

I've asked them politely if they could sharpen their pencil a bit more. ;o)

Mark

Ok.

Attention all. KMS have spoken. We have 5 working days to make a decision.

That might be 10 days too short for some members!
icon_wink.gif

email just received
Hi--

That is correct sorry. The total is $492 regular price and $475 for each at 8 sets or more. If you are using the ebay price for the guide. -- The problem is that the ebay price is really now outdated since we just had a huge increase in price for our titanium. If you are going to buy them right away we could keep the retainer price at the auction price and the best price would be $475/set. That is going to be the best I can do. I will keep this price available to you for 5 business days. Please let me know what you decide.

Thanks!

Valarie/KMS

Decisions decisions decisions.

Regards
Mark
p.s. I'm back online Monday 9am GMT

Anyone notice the large number of eBay auctions for titanium valves? These are mostly used valves from Winston Cup, etc. I wonder if they can be turned down to a smaller size (face and stem) to fit the 1UZ. Some of the sets are dirt cheap, like $40.