V8 into 75 series Troopy (Aus)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stormtrooper

Only just found this place after looking for into on putting the V8 Lexus into my 75 series Troopy. It already has a Holden V8 but I want that engine for another project (a Holden) so I still want a V8 engine and power but figure it is time to check out the V8 Lexus/Toyota.

So has anyone else done this swap?

My car still has the 75 series 5 speed manual, but I would seriously consider putting an auto into it. What gearbox adapter kts are available fot the V8 Lexus/Toyota to fit to the standard 5 speed or better still to a GM Turbo 700R4. I really don't think I would consider the Lexus/Toyota auto, as it is computer controlled, unless there was an easy way to handle the electrics.

I did the 1st conversion on my own and got a clean bill of health from the Engineer 1st attempt so this will not be a problem as long as I can get the material and info I need.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Stormtrooper (Mick)

you can run manual on any 1uz std ecu
only crowns run a seperate ecu for the auto
dellows and castlemaine make adapter kits for the 1uz to suit a manual but ring them to see if they make them to suit yr gearbox

if u do get a dellows kit make sure u buy a better clutch from another shop
to many workshops i deal with have probs and dellows just pass the buck and dont take the blame

anyway yr best of just buyin a single ecu 1uz much easier to wire up for goin manual

Thanks for that.

As far as the ECU goes I will be using a 808 Delco unit with Kalmaker software. After looking at the Lextreme website that this forum is from I found a page for adapting the T700R4 as well.

What about sump clearance, is anyone aware of any issues with the sump and the front diff/axle assembly. With the Holden V8 you MUST use a HQ style sump with the reseviour at the rear instead of a Commodore sump with the reseviour at the front.

I think you will find you need a rear sump as the mid is quite well forward.

You can usualy get rear sumps in the classified section of the Forum.

I have a 1UZ in a Range Rover and it needed a rear sump.

Thanks,

How does yours go in the Rangie? Is there much of a difference in P/W ratio? Also the Rangie V8 is quite small physically compared to say a Holden/Chev/Ford V8 did you have much difficulty with room in the engine bay?

Sorry bout all these questions, I think more up whenever I get more info on it.