v8 in hilux need some info

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

raizal

i m lookin to put in a 1 uzfe v8 into a 93 toyota hilux double cab.i hav alrdy sussed out the engine i should be gettin it in the nxt 2 weeks.
i currently have a 2.4 diesel motor (5spd manual) in my ute.
i dont know where to start from. the 1 uzfe comes with a auto gearbox.
can i use my current gearbox and diff with the 1 uzfe.
any help or info would be great.
thank you

using your original gbox and diff can be done castlemaine and dellows both do converted bellhousing kits but the hilux box is nominal in strength so i would look at a stronger one 2wd supra/celica 4wd landcruiser or supra but the supra will need a converter to accept a transfer case for 4wd where as the landcruiser al ready accepts one and can be easily found in wreckers complete.

Is your ute 2wd or 4wd?. I know of a 1UZ 2wd ute running the standard box with no problems yet.
I checked the bellhousings of a LN61 surf against that of a RZH102 hiace and the bellhousings swap over so I would say your ute one will be the same. I think manual would be the way to go. There is a place in Auckland that sells the bellhousings($670 on trademe), use the standard box and diff until you find a better one or it shits itself. Also gives you time to find a LSD diff for it. For a flywheel again the boys in Auckland ( one is on here) for $500 or use a 3SGTE one with slotted holes and the GT4 HD clutch. A link would make the management easy. Cheers I will watch your progress with interest. Cheers

Hi Raizal
Im doing the 1UZ conversion on my 94' Hilux SR5 2WD at the moment. I am using a 1UZ from a toyota soarer as this has 251cc (green) injectors and the factory headers. The soarer V8 has a rear sump but you will still have to modify this to clear your cross member. I am going to run the Link (LEM V5) engine management as opposed to a standard ECU. For flywheel, clutch and pressure plate do as gloverman suggests. I have a W58 gearbox which i have mated to the 1UZ bellhousing with an adaptor plate. You can get the adaptor plate from Quest4 in Auckland for $250, or www.1uzquadcam.co.nz have a full bellhousing for $690. If you have the SR5 model hilux you wil have a factory LSD which will easily do the job, otherwise id suggest you start look for one. I recommend you get in contact with either muzza_nz off this forum or www.quest4.co.nz up there in Aucks they will see you right.

hiluxmad said:
using your original gbox and diff can be done castlemaine and dellows both do converted bellhousing kits but the hilux box is nominal in strength so i would look at a stronger one 2wd supra/celica 4wd landcruiser or supra but the supra will need a converter to accept a transfer case for 4wd where as the landcruiser al ready accepts one and can be easily found in wreckers complete.

For converting the 2WD trans to 4WD: I'm not sure how it works on the manuals, but with the auto, you only need to change to the 4WD tailhousing and output shaft.

look at my site i have one in my 92 hilux

to do a manual 1uz properly with good gbox costs about 2000 more than to go std auto

bellhousing is bout 1200
good clutch
strong gbox
etc