V8 BMW E30 missing problem (video)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

angryE30

I have a 1989 E30 with 1uzfe manual conversion. my project is almost finished but i have a big problem which has me at a loss..

Ive done everything myself including wiring with factory computer.
the car runs nice but starts missing as soon as the throttle is touched.

heres a video of what its doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ0fyskaduw

any help at all would be awesome,

thanks team, buck.

might be good idea to read the previous 50 posts
they are all about a miss

there is no easy answer as i can prob name 10 or 20 or even 30 things that will cause yr problem

if u know mechanics start with leads
if u know abit about import motors well they sit for 2 or more years on the ground
slowly releasing oil hehehehe
the injectors stick cause of not being used for all this time

90% of the time its injectors sticking if its an import motor not used for awhile
the rest 10% will be leads

everyone else read this before posting another miss problem
heheheheheheheh

not meaning to be nasty..really not..but connect everything up as it should be before worrying to much...difficult to see properely but i can see the idle control valve piping floating in the air..what else have you done wrong??

I have a 1989 E30 with 1uzfe manual conversion. my project is almost finished but i have a big problem which has me at a loss..

Ive done everything myself including wiring with factory computer.
the car runs nice but starts missing as soon as the throttle is touched.

heres a video of what its doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ0fyskaduw

any help at all would be awesome,

thanks team, buck.

Get an exhaust system on there, that would be the first thing I'd do. Helps the engine run smoother and you'll be able to hear any problems easier.
Then check the condition of the distributor caps and rotors.
Did you clean the throttle body out?
Fuel pressure OK?

ummm really??

not meaning to be nasty..really not..but connect everything up as it should be before worrying to much...difficult to see properely but i can see the idle control valve piping floating in the air..what else have you done wrong??

um there is no idle speed control valve "pipe" so to speak. there is a breather filter on the iscv that is red if you can see that =] but... is it important that its plumbed back into the the intake before the air flow meter (MAF)??

thanks for you feed back guys.

Last edited:
Your idle sounds way way way low. Should idle at 1200 in cold start mode, 6-700 when warm. Running an aftermarket ECU? I'm sure you checked for vacuum leaks, and looked over vacuum hose clamps to make sure they are tight? Also key point on the hose going to IACV. You don't want unaccounted for air getting past your MAF which in itself is a big vacuum leak.
As for "missing" you're bogging the engine out because you are giving it too much air and gas at such a low idle that the engine cannot respond to. That should fix itself once you have the idle taken care of. Other than that your swap looks great.

Attachments

• IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 92
Just doing a conversion that has the same problem and sounds the same as the video (it has an exhaust on it tho) In the case of this one the main O2 sensors failing are the problem and I'm waiting for replacements to arrive.Aside from plumbing the IAC in as mentioned(you only do it the way you have with an aftermarket ECU). Your first thing to do is a DTC check and see what codes it spits out which odds on will be either main or Sub O2 codes

it dont need the seconary o2's to work properly..but it will throw the codes for them if not connected..ignore them.

Yes with 8/91 to 8/92 Soarer engine. All others "Bullshit" Sorry I sneezed.. Soarer engine in mine is 8/91 and has a single wire main O2 sensor and no sub O2s. Current build is using 8/93 LS400 donk has 4 wire primary main O2s and will not run properly without the subs. That is it goes into "Limp mode" won't idle and no power at lower revs. Then there is the huge surge on over run and not to mention what blows out of the exhaust

Does nobody see the idle bypass is not connected to the airflow meter ? All air ingested by the motor running on factory efi must go through the airflow meter. Your engine is running lean.