URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!: Ring gear help please!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

Ok, i've used the Castlemaine Rod Shop Toyota R150 (Turbo Supra) manual gearbox conversion kit, though I hazard a guess they all (custom flywheel) come with the same ring gear.

Mine has been chewed out, and i'm trying to track down what ring gear their custom flywheel uses for the 1UZFE. I need to find out like yesterday as i'm meant to go away this Sunday!....!

It's definately not the ring gear off the flex plate that came with the 1UZ. Has anyone done one yet and knows what it's off?

I can't get in contact with CRS as they seem to be shut.......

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Nem, are you sure that it doesn't use the ring gear off the flex plate, mine does but then mine from dellows, I'd ring CRS and ask them good luck

The ring gear is definately different from the one on the flex plate. I think it's slightly bigger in diameter too.

CRS aren't answering any phones, hence why i posted here :(

Just searching Google, and it brought me back here eventually to a thread from Hi Lex about the exact same problem. The ring gear on the CRS flywheel is too big, so the meshing is way too tight. I'm going to get the flywheel machined a smidgeon and the flex plate ring gear fitted, so hopefully that'll be the end of my problems!

Gday
I just got through to CRS on the Phone, I spoke to Geoff who works in design and developement and says he was lucky to catch the phone as its in a different area, he says the flyweel will have a replacement Nissan RB30 ring gear on their custom flywheel that was not within spec, and if you are in a pickle you could get a second hand one from a wrecker and get it fitted it would be fine. otherwise keep trying to contact them at CRS on 0354722853 or 035472 2110 and they are aware of the problem and doing a change over to remedy the problem.
hope this helps

Ahh ok cool thanks for that mate.

So they are changing to an RB30 gear? Or that is what the problem one is? Lost me a bit there..... I don't want to put the same size/spec ring gear back on if it's going to cause the same problem....

-Nemesis- said:
Ahh ok cool thanks for that mate.

So they are changing to an RB30 gear? Or that is what the problem one is? Lost me a bit there..... I don't want to put the same size/spec ring gear back on if it's going to cause the same problem....
they were originally using the auto one from Toyota motor, but went to the RB30 as you can get them new? from what i understand, the ones they got most recently are not in spec. and need machining Geoff says about 20 have been sold(obviously you have one) and they will be changed over to rectify the problem
have you tried calling themm since this morning? good chance you'll catch him today otherwise the sales team will return next Monday

Ahh you mean changed over as in they'll replace it? Bugger, I already gave the word to get it fixed today, the ring gear off the flex plate should be mounted on there by now....

I've tried ringing them daily for the last week, including this morning to no avail....

This is actually getting quite annoying, I paid these people alot of money for their conversion kit, and now i've had this problem that has had my vehicle off the road for a week. I've had to pay my mechanic to pull out the gearbox, and find that this ring gear suplied is wrong, and pay to fix it, and pay to put it back in. And that's just adding to the list of problems that now include:

Initial:

*Thrust bearing was wrong size (more $ to relpace)
*Push rod on slave cylinder wrong type (More $ to replace)
*Flywheel dowels wrong size (More $)
*Slave Cylinder doesn't line up with fork properly, holes in wrong spot maybe?

Now discovered:

*Bellhousing too short, the input shaft has been touching the motor/crank
*Spigot bush has resultantly worn strange and has started eating the input shaft
*Thread on slave cylinder holes have almost let go (were not overtightened, and are now being helicoiled)
*Ring gear wrong style/size/spec (my own $ to remove/customize/refit)

And I was told these guys are the "good" ones. All the gear looked like good quality, and the price was the best....

Do you actually know them? Do they read emails? I'll email them because there's too many points to discuss over the phone.....

Cheers
Bryan

No i dont Know them Personally, I actually rang Today to order My kit for simialr conversion. W57 box

Now i'm having doubts,bugger!

i was going to use a flywheel from QCA, that i hope that should be fine, Peter at QCA said he uses CRS bellhousing and they space out the slave as it doesnt fit in line with the fork perfectly, i was advised to check the pushrod length also in the slave.
i am still debating which clutch assy to Use

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
I forgot to add that I initially assumed, as you would, that it was a faulty starter motor. So add to that list about 2 days hard work (you all know where the starter is) and several hundred $ for a rebuilt starter......

well I tried tell everyone but nobody answered my thread, now you know how I feel ,its just a shame that crs gear looks so good but isnt quite right, its even worse when you are doing a car for a mate an **** like this happens, pity I couldnt get though on the phone and my emails were not answered or even a reply to a thread here to greg didnt get a reply, I will deal with dellow next time!!!!!

So any dramas after machining the flywheel and fitting the Lexus ring gear?

I sent Geoff the designer an email about it all last night. I also sent him a link here. This is getting alot of views now, so hopefully this will be some initiative to rectify our problems and gain a good result for their reputation. I haven't mentioned it yet in my main build thread at 4WD Monthly forum yet which has over 10,000 hits....

Every company keeps records and invoices, and if they knew they had sent out "x" amount of dodgey ring gears, then the honus should be on them to contact those people who payed them good money, and resolve any issues.....

Anyways, i'll see if I get a response.... If not i'll pursue it further as I don't think there's anything in my "kit" that didn't need altering, and I don't believe I was sent a satisfactory product for my money in hindsight.

I thought the kit was well priced seein all the bits that came with it ,pity so many parts were wrong. I had heard of probs in the company as rods boots were too big for anyone to fill, it sounds like they have a few more people on board so probs may get sorted, lexus ring works perfect now, you are 100% correct about having records ect, if it were me I would go out of my way to chase the people up that got the wrong parts and get them the right bits at the bare minimum, but I also did the repairs no charge an also had to do rear main after flywheel (not related to fly prob) just coz its the right thing to do, I would never survive in bussiness

The thrust bearing that came with it contacted the pressure plate right on the end of the fingers, so I just got a larger diameter one.

I never actually replaced the slave cylinder, though it's on the cards when I get back from holidays because it needs one with a smaller bore and longer throw.

Not 100% sure about the crank thing... Ended up knocking a mm off the end of the shaft, and also replaced the damaged spigot bush with a bearing type.

Now, after many many hours (at my mechanics) it drives like it should have int he first place. But literally everything had to be altered.

Also, check the pivot of your clutch fork when you set it up, I had to grind away the hole so it could move freely. But we discovered after pulling it out this time to fix all the bodgey parts that it had actually been pivoting off the bellhousing itself, as the pivot ball was also wrong.....

You may be lucky, I spoke to the design guy and he assures me I got a "lemon" kit. None the less i'm going to persue this to the end, if you get my drift.

Nem, i've just changed my slave cylinder because the standard one didn't throw far enough, i got one from an early model hilux (not sure what model), the part number is PBR JB4058 it has a 19.05mm bore instead of 20.64mm seems to be spot on for mine might work for you too......