1UZ VVTi heads to early block-urgent

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JustenGT8

Can anyone confirm that the late 1UZ VVTi heads will physically fit on the early UZ block?

I thought they did so have initiated a purchase but a amte with a VVTi engine has me worried as he thinks the blocks are different

Help - urgent

I dont know if this bit of info will help you Justin, but I do know that the later VVTI MLS Factory Headgaskets fit and work on the earlier blocks and heads, so I dont see why the later heads would not fit the early block....

You need an oil supply for the VVTi mechanism, usually machined into the block to draw from the main oil supply galley.

Not yet, still waiting on heads to arrive.

Biggest prob IF you want the VVTi to work is there's no oil feed from the block to the VVTi mechanism.

The rest as far as i can tell from research looks pretty straight forward.

Not yet, still waiting on heads to arrive.

Biggest prob IF you want the VVTi to work is there's no oil feed from the block to the VVTi mechanism.

The rest as far as i can tell from research looks pretty straight forward.

I have to tap for the turbo oil feeds anyways... and control the VVTi with the Link G3 so all ok that end. So otherwise its bolt on?

I sold a complete set of heads (heads, cams, pullies, nuts and bolts along with valve cover) for $300 usd but they dont happen that often. I can keep my eyes open if oppertunity arise.

I sold a complete set of heads (heads, cams, pullies, nuts and bolts along with valve cover) for $300 usd but they dont happen that often. I can keep my eyes open if oppertunity arise.

Thanks I will buy one if it comes up and with enough parts to do the conversion (cams, maybe valves, VVTi parts etc) cheers!

I paid $550 AUD for heads, inlet manifold, billet fuel rails etc etc. I won't be bothering with the VVTi, at least not until as easy solution presents itself.

The oil feed is one issue. The other is my Autronic could only run the VVti with a simple PWM table so not really 'i'. With a smaller capacity engine i would have a crack but the mid range is so fat on my current setup i'm more than happy. I'm really just after the better port angles and increased flow the VVTi heads provide.

A little ways off yet so may change my mind.... like i said, if a simple solution presents itself.

BTW my mates n/a VVTi with SM4 (i run SM2) just cranked out 208rwkw with only exhaust mods!! Hell impressive for virtually a stock UZ.....the VVTi heads must be a big improvement.

Hard to say but could easily be as much as 100rwkw based on know flow improvements.

Non VVt Uz approx 150rwkw....VVTi UZ approx 200rwkw (both n/a)

No idea how the factory VVTi is set up on the UZ, you would think it operates thru the whole rev range...it's not VTEC you understand right?

Bad bad bad news....looks like the oil galleries from VVti block to head are totally different to non VVTi block so the VVti heads are looking good as a swap.

Still to be 100% confirmed but RMS had a look at the heads and spotted the different gallery positions straight away so likely to be a deal breaker :(

No not yet sorry. Will try on the weekend. All is not completely lost as could go external oil feed...just whether it's worth the effort/cost?

Need to sit down and go thru all the pros/cons of this swap and see where that leaves me.

there are other things to consider like plumbing changes, bracket changes etc etc