• Two GT25R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two GT30R

• Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hello,

This is something interesting for all Lexus-Toyota V8 owners. Here is a poll for all of you. If you have about 2,000 USD budget for set of turbos (Turbos Only) Which two turbos would you like for a street driven application on a 1UZFE?

Here are the specs:

1. 12-14 psi
2. Street application
3. Stock Motor
4. Great lower end torque and power

Please poll this thread and tell us the reasons why?

GT3071R. This may be over $2000, and probably better suited for higher psi, but what the hell. At 12-14 psi only, I guess t3/t4 with built in WG's would be a good alternative for probably no more than $1200 total.

the terminator

the 2 t3/t4's on my 1uz are good for 20psi. at 6psi i have over 450+ hp and no lag. the car smokes the tyers at 120kmh in 3rd gear as soon as hit the gas.my dif gears are 3.08/1 too.If u want proof check out the videos in the vids section.hp+

Hey Fat,

Is that your car been burning tires.....love it.... you should post more.....Tell more about your twin T3/4. A/R and so on.

i'd go the gt25r because firstly, ball bearing cores, secondly, it will only be on a stock motor meaning 20psi is more than enough, thirdly, practically no spooling lag...

i voted 2x T3/T4.

the car has 10.0:1 CR, so you have to up your exhaust housing by one size to account for the extra airflow.

and the bigger the compressor A/R, the cooler the boost at comparitive levels to one with a smaller A/R.

make your manifold diameter's the same size as the exhaust port and it will be a quick spooling engine with little lag and no power drop off in the upper RPM range.

Hey Fat, those numbers are remarkable. What else did you do to that motor? And if it was doing 450 HP at 6 PSI, what pray tell was it doing at 20? Yikes!

The motor is dead stock bar a moded in take. The rest was carefull planing and no short cuts. the big intercooler is a must here in QLD with very high air temp (35c)+. I have wolf3D engine mangment but the stock injectors are holding me back I'l have new ones soon.

I went for the GT25's assuming these are 300hp Garrett's.
They are compact,can be squeezed in tight places,will spool up quick which is what you want in a street car.
I was under the impression that a standard 1UZFE could only handle about 6-7lbs of boost.

Hey fatty,when you going to dyno that Commodore????

i put two gt25's but i would probably go with two gt28rs quick spools in my opinion. they are one of the best & most versatile turbos out there

^well if you think about twin turbos on a 4.0 or 4.2 v8 then you would need a turbo sized for each bank. Therefore, you would need a pair of turbos that are made for a 2.0 to 2.1 liter engine. This size is a perfect compatibility for a GT28RS and makes the 30R a little bit too big for it; ie there would be a bit of lag compared to the 28's.

RvolvoR you are wrong. The 2L ening will make 100kw with no boost while the 4L V8 will make 180Kw with no boost and that's not taking into account the piss poor 2L 4Cyl torque. Two T04's would suit the 4L nice and being ballbearing they will spool up quickly and the V8 has enough torque to be driveable under 2.000 rpm around town if you setup the boost to come on slowly from 18000 rpm. The reason 2L engines use small turboes is because they got no torque no power untill about 3000 rpm therefore they are a pig to drive around town with a T03 hanging on the side of them let alone a T04.

My 0.2c worth

for measly 1.6-1.8l engines you are right bout torque but if you look at something like a volvo b21ft 2.1 liter four you will see that there is an assload of torque down low without much power. many people i know might make 200 torque and carry it almost to redline (from 1800) and like 150 hp

RvolvoR said:
for measly 1.6-1.8l engines you are right bout torque but if you look at something like a volvo b21ft 2.1 liter four you will see that there is an assload of torque down low without much power. many people i know might make 200 torque and carry it almost to redline (from 1800) and like 150 hp

still missing the point - both of you.

the extra CR of the std engine (10.0:1+) means more exhaust gas speed = more flow.

the more gas flow you have the bigger the exhaust housing has to be.

a pair of T3s is about right to account for this extra required flow.

the B21 is a long stroke, low CR engine in turbo form - it makes tons of torque as is, let alone when turbo'd. but it has a low CR, which means less gas speed which means less required flow. the 1UZ is a shorter stroke high CR engine, so you have to up the sizes to compensate.

I have 2 GT30 sized turbo on my engine so i guess i can speak from experience...they are actually KKK K27 compressors with a K26 turbine housing in plain bearing style.

Boost response is excellent and very streetable but if i had the budegt i would like to have i would have gone for the GT25R pair. More power than you could ever use on the street anyway and very very responsive on a stock 1UZ.

I'm still more than happy with my current setup considering what it cost me.

hi, nice having you on the forum.. i see your in ohio, there has not been to much forced induction lexus v8s in the states-- but thats been slowly changing.. the gs430 is already fast-- what kind of performance are you aiming for?