turbo tundra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

i20rider

Well iv dicided to sell the bottle now and order an sts single turbo. After I install the H beam rods. With stock pistons. How much can I boost. Safely

The critical question is how will you tune it?

Preventing detonation is the way to running boost reliably. Detonation can kill even forged pistons and your cast pistons will have a much lower threshold. Without good tuning keep your boost below 5psi. With tuning 8-10psi is probably doable. More is likely doable but risk/reward/cost goes up exponentially.

Forged pistons and drop comp half a point..
You should be able to run atleast 8 to 12 Lb depending on tune...

Other 4 valve engines are much the same..
Upgrade fuel system / fuel pump ?? Depending std pump...

I have been to lextreme.com several times to drool over the cars posted. I have an 08 Tundra RCSB T/C. I have a Garret ballbearing turbo .68 a/r. Holding boost at 6psi and reaching full boost at about 3k rpm. I have had this system for only 2 months and about 2,000 miles. Hopefully I won't need that 6.0 stroker anytime soon, lol. I used the unichip to tune the truck and it has been great. No real big issues at this time. I have a short video of it on you tube. search wachs1981

Last edited:
I have been to lextreme.com several times to drool over the cars posted. I have an 08 Tundra RCSB T/C. I have a Garret ballbearing turbo .68 a/r. Holding boost at 6psi and reaching full boost at about 3k rpm. I have had this system for only 2 months and about 2,000 miles. Hopefully I won't need that 6.0 stroker anytime soon, lol. I used the unichip to tune the truck and it has been great. No real big issues at this time. I have a short video of it on you tube. search wachs1981

Looks like a fun truck! Remote mount turbosystems allow installation on relatively stock vehicles. I have not been following the Toyota 5.7 aftermarket. How have others luck been with super/turbo/nitrous on the stock engines?

The official Garrett site does not list .68 A/R for any of their GT25R, GT28R, GT30R or GT35R turbos. .63, .82, 1.06 are the choices. Not sure if your turbo is a twin ball bearing GT series or a converted earlier turbo using floating bearings and a ball bearing thrust bearing.

Do you know what specific turbo you have? STS may not give their customers that info as they are rather secretive about turbo selection and remote mounting.