Tundra Vs. Titan

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
People that say they get 20mpg with a TD are full of it. The economy of full sized TD trucks are grossly overrated & have been aslong as I've been into cars. TD trucks all fairly quickly drop to 13mpg tank averages with any amount of city use, and even the newest, most effecient models can't hit a real 20mpg on the highway. They're all stuck around 16-18mpg.
Which... Is worse city milage & equal highway mileage to the gas engines avalible.
And older diesels are crap. They run 10-16mpg, never ran any better, yet people STILL seem to think somehow they get 20mpg. It's rediculous I think.

I ditto steve also. In my area, diesel has been .20-50 cents higher a gallon for several years. This past year when gas prices here hit 1.99, diesel was still 2.60 something.

Very true. My Tacoma 4WD can only get 13.8 mpg local (actual calculation) while the factory rated at 16 mpg local. I've been driving it like a lawn mower but still can't get any better. Last year, the federal (I forgot which agency) has mandated all auto makers to give better accurate mph.

Diesel is also more expensive than gasoline, no matter where you go.

Just like horse power rating, estimated MPG's are overrated too when coming from the dealer.... This is outragous, I say we all start a riot:rant: :argue: :cussing: then have a drink afterwards...:alcoholic:

If having more torques is your concern, then it's hard to beat that. However, 18-20 mpg of diesel costs more than 18-20 mpg of gasoline. In this case, you'll spend more for the diesel than the gas. I don't remember exactly but from what I recall, 20 cents more /gallon is what you pay for diesel. Dodge isn't a very reliable brand. My dad had 2 Dodge minivans before (1 bought used & 1 bought new), and they eventually broke down right after the warranty expired. They used to have 36K miles warranty. After that, little things started to create problems such as the door locks, lights, noises, rattling...etc. I don't think any Domestic brand has raised the reliability at all nowadays. I'm not going for the Dodge unless I got the extra $$ to trade in the trucks every 3 years.

Our family 01 Dodge (3/4 ton) has 120K on it. Only problems that we've had thus far was the fuel pump going out once (around 60K) and the plastic lever for the parking brake break (due to pulling it really hard on accident). I agree, it isn't the most economical choice, but when you're going for lots of power, 18 mpg doesn't seem too shabby.

Very true. My Tacoma 4WD can only get 13.8 mpg local (actual calculation) while the factory rated at 16 mpg local. I've been driving it like a lawn mower but still can't get any better. Last year, the federal (I forgot which agency) has mandated all auto makers to give better accurate mph.

Diesel is also more expensive than gasoline, no matter where you go.

My 91 4Runner (v6 3.0) gets a constant 16mpg in the city, and I (as a teenager) by no means take it easy when I drive. I bet I could get much better if I started shifting under 4500... 150 horses doesn't take you anywhere fast in a 4500 lb vehicle.