Tundra Vs. Titan

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Recently Toyota came out with a 5.7L Tundra. This model has 31 trims and the price range from $23k to $48K. The engines also range from a 4.0 V6 to a massive 5.7L V8. However, on the other hand Nissan seems to be a better deal for the truck. Dollar per dollar comparison, Nissan is the best bang for the buck.

The base model for the Nissan has the 5.6L and its rated at 317 bhp. However, the base model for the Tundra is only rated at 236 bhp.

Here are more details about the Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan

Well the Titan is the most powerful truck around...Being that I like power I would have to go with the Titan.... The Tundra will most likely hold up better and last longer over time but Nissan probably put alot of effort into making the Titan a strong and long lasting truck as well...

You should test drive both and then decide...

plastic pieces of a titan are scary cheap. looking and touching them will make you understand.

btw, on a 4 door titan (suicide doors) close the driver's door a little strong and look what happen on the rear door (shakes a lot)

do that on the Tundra and look what happends. I do think the tundra has a higher quality material overall inside the truck (fabrics, plastics etc...)

my brother has a 2005 tundra and the only problem i have is a rattle in the dash, passenger side.

BTW, when is toyota supposed to put the new 4.7 liter in the tundra?

The 5.7 liter you mean? It's in the new 2007 Tundra's. I bet if it was mated to a 5-speed standard, it would be nice, but it feels really slow for 381/401 with the current transmission.

It's a 5200lb curb weight with 381bhp. It works out math wise to want to run a mid-high 14s 1/4 mile time, which puts it right at a low 6s 0-60time.
What does the 5.7L actually run? That would be a 6.3s 0-60mph, 14.8s 1/4 mile time.

It runs right in line with what it should.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-hp-et-mph.htm

For anyone that missed the Edmunds dyno:
truck.dynochart.500.jpg

Silverado stays in closed loop 4 seconds after u hit the throttle. When you let off, the 4 second counter resets.

According to google search engine the Dodge Ram and Dakota's are the most powerful pickup trucks available....

How come the Dodge's aren't being mentioned in this discussion? Dodge appears to beat out the Titan, Tundra and Silverado's...

The 5.7 liter you mean? It's in the new 2007 Tundra's. I bet if it was mated to a 5-speed standard, it would be nice, but it feels really slow for 381/401 with the current transmission.

No, toyota was supposed to release a 4.7 liter version of it's UR bloc with approx 330HP and 340lbs/ft tq

also the new UR bloc is supposed to cost less money to build than the old UZ.

it must be VERY slow with the old 2UZ, that truck is really big.

Probably because most people ahve the impression that they're specialty trucks that are very expencive.
v10's, diesels. all add tons of cost, puts you in a completely different price class.

Besides, chrystler's have no home now. lol! hahahahahaha

According to google search engine the Dodge Ram and Dakota's are the most powerful pickup trucks available....

How come the Dodge's aren't being mentioned in this discussion? Dodge appears to beat out the Titan, Tundra and Silverado's...

The dodge SRT-10 is a special edition truck. Like the ford Lightning.

You can't use them as a truck, that why they are not in the test. Forget about loading a 10 000 lbs trailer or dropping 3000lbs of rock in the the bed with those. The tundra is fast and can do all of this.

Sc400's and the Rav's aren't fast cars in stock form... Newer trucks are just made to go faster... I still can't believe what Jeep did with that Hemi powered cherokee...Sick...0-60 in four seconds and AWD...I could only imagine with just a few mod's that truck/SUV probably would hang withthe fancy new elete sportscars... Ford have some rude trucks too like the Ford Lightning..

In the comparison between the top of the line 5.7 Tundra and 5.6 Titan, the Tundra beats the Titan with a little mercy within similar features

Tundra Titan
Cost: $31,000 - $37,000 (exclude top line)
HP: 381 hp
Tqs: 401 ft/lbs
Tow: 10,500 lbs
MPG: 14/18
Reliability: Excellent

Titan
Cost:$36,000
HP: 317 hp
Tqs: 385 ft/lbs
Tow: 9,500 lbs
MPG: 13/18
Reliability: Not much

Also, the Tundra is a lot nicer looking with a lot of smooth curves, while the Titan is like a big square box and ugly. I don't know why anyone would choose the Titan over the Tundra. In fact, the Titan sales were less than the Tundra in the previous years, although the Titan had more power previously. Please think again.

I personally would be a trader. For the base model like $23,000, the Tundra only get a 4.0 V6 and the Titan get the 5.6L. For that budget, I would get the Titan if gasoline price is not an issue.

I would rather have a Dodge 3/4 ton (diesel) personally. You're looking at around 30K for 265 horse/ 500 ft lbs of torque. On top of that, you get a constant 18-20 miles per gallon with it dipping to around 15-17 when towing. Hard to beat at any level.

91 4X4runner -

You go American truck you get rattles and breakdowns after 75,000 miles... That is if you take good care of it too...Trucks and cars like Toyota, Nissan, Mits, and even Honda should hold up and maintain a quality ride for many years to come...

I think I would have to go Toyota if I was planning on keeping it for a while, lhowever, if I were leasing or buy and selling the truck after a few years then I would go for the Nissan or maybe even the Dodge..That's just my opinion...

I would rather have a Dodge 3/4 ton (diesel) personally. You're looking at around 30K for 265 horse/ 500 ft lbs of torque. On top of that, you get a constant 18-20 miles per gallon with it dipping to around 15-17 when towing. Hard to beat at any level.

If having more torques is your concern, then it's hard to beat that. However, 18-20 mpg of diesel costs more than 18-20 mpg of gasoline. In this case, you'll spend more for the diesel than the gas. I don't remember exactly but from what I recall, 20 cents more /gallon is what you pay for diesel. Dodge isn't a very reliable brand. My dad had 2 Dodge minivans before (1 bought used & 1 bought new), and they eventually broke down right after the warranty expired. They used to have 36K miles warranty. After that, little things started to create problems such as the door locks, lights, noises, rattling...etc. I don't think any Domestic brand has raised the reliability at all nowadays. I'm not going for the Dodge unless I got the extra $$ to trade in the trucks every 3 years.

i love the cummins, but i have know several people with new model dodge's like 1 to 3 yrs old, and i can not believe the problems they have had. I mean major ones, that my 15 yo sc has not had.

The Titan is hideous. While that is not primary, I could never get behind the wheel of something so ugly.