Tundra Header work on LS400 or SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm not sure about a LS400 specifically, but I do know the factory Tundra log manifold does have the same bolt pattern as a 92 LS400 1UZFE. I'm using the Tundra passenger side on my MkII Supra conversion.

I have those headers. They bolt up on any 1/2/3UZ, but it's quite likely thet will not fit in the engine bay. The collector is kind of high and kind of hits the firewall. On the tundra there is a lot more room. If you were willing to modify them they might work.

they are only 100$ on ebay, id be willing to take a chance to buy them and modify them. Still beats paying for a custom build...

if you buy those SSautochrome headers on ebay, prepare to have the mounting flanges decked true. the guys over at tundrasolutions.com have been known to call those headers "SSautocrap." they are cheap, ill give you that, but the mounting flanges are notorius for being uneven.

my .10cents

That us why I always check any headers, manifolds that I order for true flatness

has encountered a not true turbo manifold on a B18C1 engine for a Honda that I was building for my buddy

just looking at the picture, i wonder if you could turn them around to face forward and modify the flanges to work as turbo manifolds for a conversion having the turbos mounted just in front of the engine bay..... but then you'd have to plumb in wastegate pipe or run internal gated turbo's.....

just an idea.... alot cheaper than having customs made up though.

mate, make sure to let us know what they're like.....

hmmm, hard to tell for sure, but from the pics, it looks like both sides are different (obvious reason being drivers side needs to clear the steering column).. can you verify? would make it simpler for people if they were semmetrical but mirrored if you know what i mean, hehe....

if you buy them and have them shipped for under $200 AUD, you'd need a further $150 or so to modify, it would still beat having someone make up a pair for $1600.....

better let us know how it goes matey, hehe

If you guys doing a swap and room avialable. Flip those exhaust manifold over to the other side and weld on a set of T3 flanges along with two T3 snail.....

R-Jay said:
just looking at the picture, i wonder if you could turn them around to face forward and modify the flanges to work as turbo manifolds for a conversion having the turbos mounted just in front of the engine bay..... but then you'd have to plumb in wastegate pipe or run internal gated turbo's.....

just an idea.... alot cheaper than having customs made up though.

hehe Dave, exactly what i was thinking.... and in the supra, there should be enough room for a pair of t3/t4's...

Looks like i will get a set just to do some testing. $100 USD is cheaper than buying stainless steel pipes. These headers will work if you wish not to have A/C & Power Steering pump in the LS or SC. Great for swap project.

yeah if they do look like they would work but still foul the AC and PS pump, then i might just have to move the 2 ancillaries... would probably still work out easier than having custom manifolds made up.....

anyways, i've decided to buy a set myself... seems like ssautochrome have a stackload of auctions on at the same time and dont seem to have reserves... good news for us i guess..

does that mean they dont deliver after the auction ends? i read through their feedback and most were actually not bad... even had a few people buy them from australia....