TT1UZ to HQ-HZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Mate this thing is a piece of art I m loving it and its a very tempting option to use on my utes (I have a HJ styleside and a WB tonner). I m really loving the rack and pinion steering too thats going to be a godsent when you finnally get all those ponies to the road.

Just a few questons what rear end are you going to run at least disc brakes I would hope.
How far off before you get it all going?
What rack did you use and the rack itself did you have to modify at all?

Just a side note you can now buy off the shelf rack and pinion conversion from blacks racks http://www.blacksracks.com.au/ but they arent really cheap at about $2500

Trev, somehow I missed your latest updates, M8. Really nice work!

Have you started this beast up yet?

BTW, which coils did you wind up using for your COP setup, and which ECU are you running?

John

Awesome...

what sort of HP are those turbos rated for? I'm thinking (early stages yet) about putting these turbos on a 1uzfe too :)

Just finished the final assembly on the front brakes, well kinda.
I decided to do a coilover shock conversion the other day so they'll have to come off again. Had an adjustable front bar made up also, it a pretty trick little unit.
Cheers.

Hi Guys, Yep height adjustable as per normal coilovers.
I am using QA1 double adjustable shock inserts.
They have seperate bump and rebound adjustability with 24 settings on each.
Fitting coilovers to HQ-WB is done by using a spring wound like a cone.
Large end up fits in the original spring mount in the chasis and small end down onto the shock body.
Cheers.

The coilover conversion has turned out to be alot bigger job than I was led to beleive.
Typically, as with alot of aftermarket parts I have purchased, they simply dont fit.
Dont get me wrong, the coilovers that I purchased are great, but as far as being a bolt in fit (which is what I was led to beleive), they definately are not.
Things I have had to do to make them fit are.
1: Move the top shock mount inboard 15mm
2: spend 4 hours with a die grinder, grinding for clearence up inside the spring tower on my back with sparks falling on my face.
3:Extensively remanufacture the lower control arms as the original shock and spring mounts just don't work with the coilovers.
So far I have one side finished and working 100% with no probs.
I was first suspicious of the fit when I opened the box and there was a hand written note saying I may have to cut a coil off the springs to make them fit. Here we go I said to myself.
So I quickly did a test mock up which revealed my suspicions, they may actually bolt in but they will not work, due to multiple clearence problems and the fact that the shocks are to long and bottom out before the car reaches full bump compression on the lower control arm.
It pi55e5 me off that people wont just explain that there kit still has a lot of problems and should not be attempted by a novice.
If Joe average had purchased this kit, fitted them up and then gone for a drive, they would have definately rooted the coilovers and possibly lost control of their vehicle. Beleive me, rooting a $1300 pair of coilovers would try the patients of a saint.
Arhh that felt good, glad to get that of my chest.
Now, about fitting the adjustable front swaybar, nope better not, the blood pressure is already a bit high.
Apart from the above mentioned its all good.
I'll post up some pics in a few days.
Cheers
Trev

Crickey ****,I would have gone round and said you fit it..with my bat..LOL..I can understand how some things just take ages to get right..will be waiting for some pics..you're an artist and love watching one at work..cheers..from over the ditch..:sgrin: and yes you did win the netball:261: robbed..LOL

Keep it up Trev, it'll all be worth it in the end. It shows that you are a patient man who enjoys a challenge. Besides if it just bolted strait on then where would fun be? Every one would do it and I think that defeats the purpose of building such a car. Having said that it can get frustrating. I brought a complete cowl for my HQ that was suppose to be identical to the original. I ended up cutting it up and used only a small part of it. Thanks Rare Spares. Any how I hope you're taking plenty of shots.

Hi John, gave up years ago setting an on the road date.
No hurry here, slow and steady wins the race.
Sometimes I think i should be making wine instead of building a car.
Hi Justin, secret to building a quick Holden is no Holden parts.

I have decided to ditch the 4link 9inch idea for this project and move to an irs rear.
Pretty much sold off all the 9inch stuff that I had accumulated and am now searching for a suitable donor irs to mod.
Measure, think, measure, ponder, measure again, you get the idea.
cheers.