Transfer box issues

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

aniesigh

Hi all, newb on here.
i am building a suzuki jimny trayback truck for winch challenge events over here in the UK and am planning to install a 1uzfe motor to it. i am running landcruiser axles which both have offset diffs. from all my reading up i have worked out i can fit a surf transfer box to the back of the lexus auto to get 4wd but my issue is that the surf uses a centre rear diff, so the output from the transfer is in the centre which in itself is not so much an issue, but the fact it is so much higher than the output for the front prop is where the issue lies as i will be having 16" of suspension travel so need to get the rear prop as low as i can at ride height without the transfer hanging down below the chassis where it will get damaged. so my question is, is there another transfer box i can fit to the lexus box which has both offset outputs? maybe off a later landcruiser?
i gather the gearbox from the later 2uz landcruiser bolt to the lexus motor but then would i have issues with the lexus computer running the landcruiser gearbox? or are they compatible?
someone please help :S

If you can find one an LJ or KZJ78 Prado transfer will be the end of the problem here. Another option would be to run a TH400 behind it with an adapter to run a 'cruiser transfer and thus do away with the "Lexus" trans and associated electronics. The stock ECU can be cheated without too much of a drama and will run fine with no auto behind the engine as I run a stock UZZ31 Soarer ECU with an R150 behind the 1UZ with no dramas at all. I mean the ECU don't know that the auto aint there no more

Hi, thats great! i prefer the sound of the lj transfer box, so will any lj78 or kzj78 transfer box bolt up to the lexus auto in the same way the surf one will?
sourcing a th400 and an adaptor over here would be more of a nightmare i think, plus i want to try and keep the number of vehicles im sourcing parts from to a minimum, plus i can get a complete lexus ls400 for not alot of money over here so using the lexus auto is a cheap option if i can get a lj transfer :) i take it the lj70 transfer box is different?
many thanks again!

Adam

Yes but you will need the extension housing to suit then fit it up as per a Surf. BTW I am/was 4thsurf on toyotasurf (don't ask what happened as I don't know either) but as you can see can be found here or on perthsurf.net (sorry David). I've also had extractors made for the UZs in tight engine bays which I'll put up when the "OK" is given

right so the extension housing from the surf with the transfer box from the landcruiser? sorry if im getting repetitive i just don't want to buy the wrong parts! ah right ok, i saw from my extensive reading on toyotasurf you contributed alot of good info (like this!) the tight extractor info will be usefull aswell, its deffinately going to be a tight engine bay! do you have the info already written up that you are able to send over privately?.
last question (for now) is the lj78 transfer box the same dimensions as the surf one just with the output inline with the front output? if so i can get on with the fabrication work using my surf transfer as a mock up. heres a link to my build thread on a forum i use more often :

http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=65804

cheers :)

Best you be thankful that I tried to give up smoking this week and had a "relapse". I'm about to head off to bed and no I've written nothing up, join perthsurf and we will chat and go from there and post up our results on here so others later can benefit