Toyota 5.7 Liters V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
actually 315 is more than most. the nissan 5.6l is 305hp w 375ftlbs and is probably the best motor going. the ford 5.4 makes 300hp. the new variable timed toyo 4.7 makes 275. The "hemi" 5.7 is 330ish but makes less torque than the nissan. If the new toyo truck motor makes 315 it will be doing great. Toyota trucks are well known for getting the power to the pavement smooth and efficiently and thats one reason why the 4.7l toyota drives about as well as its more powerfull competition. the big 3 are about to take another hit with this new truck.

maybe with this new platform similar to the nascar truck based motor, the new 5.7L will have more "free mods" like an ls1 does. who knows though....Overall this motor should defenitley be more mod friendly since it is going to a more conventional single cam instead of the DOHC 32v.

maybe with this new platform similar to the nascar truck based motor, the new 5.7L will have more "free mods" like an ls1 does. who knows though....Overall this motor should defenitley be more mod friendly since it is going to a more conventional single cam instead of the DOHC 32v.
It's still dual (and overhead) cam per head. The only similarities it has to the Nascar engine are lifters and a timing chain (unless the nascar v8 has a belt drive).
What makes a single cam more mod friendly than a dual cam setup? I like being able to adjust intake and exhaust cam timing individualy from a tuning standpoint.

Remember guys,that 315hp estimate is just that,an estimate. There still are no concrete numbers. Testing procedures for HP/torque have also been changed to actually help the domestic manufacturers' power ratings (I'm not making this up,was told this by an automotive journalist during a Lexus Ride and Drive). That's why the IS350 has that odd 306hp rating

I'd still find stupid the fact that the new engine has less output than the 2UZ

they should throw everything they have on that motor. DOHC 32V dual VVTL-I and direct injection, something to make the competition looks like "WTF???" not just "follow" them.

UZZ30-Québec said:
I'd still find stupid the fact that the new engine has less output than the 2UZ

they should throw everything they have on that motor. DOHC 32V dual VVTL-I and direct injection, something to make the competition looks like "WTF???" not just "follow" them.
It sounded like you were talking about total output, not specific output. Anyhow, yeah if it made less specific output that would suck.

havent heard anything definite about the engines output, but the 5.7 is supposed to be mated to a 6 speed auto, very cool.

as a side note, the upcoming hybrid lexus LS, is supposed to be a 5 liter v8 mated to an electric motor (obviously) and put out what i found to be a rather impressive 430+ hp and an undisclosed (but certainly huge) amount of torque, all while reportedly getting up to 70% better mileage than the mercedes' and bimmers in its class.

dont know if anybody else has made note of the LS yet, but i thought id mention it. it sounds pretty damn cool to me.

What ???? They changed the plans with the LS500H

is was supposed to be a tuned version of the 4.6 liter putting 400BHP and a 100HP electric motor to blow an amazing 500 total horsepowers.

My ballon has just exploded... My faith in toyota is decreasing, slowly but surely.

Here's what I know about the UR series from information I've gathered:

The UR series engines will be offered in 4.6L, 4.7L, 5.0L, and 5.7L displacements. The 4.6L is the direct replacement for the 3UZ, and the 4.7L is the direct replacement for the 2UZ. I believe Toyota felt the need to completely phase out the UZ series engines to reduce cost, and also for greater consistency throughout its lineup. The UR series engines also reduce maintenance costs for consumers, since no timing belt change interval exists. The timing chain is only adjusted or replaced when it begins to make noise or chatter during driving.

Here are the specs for all UR engines:

DOHC, 32-valve, dual VVT-i, chain driven, roller rocker valvetrain with low coefficient of friction roller bearings, molybdenum coated pistons with anti-friction coated #1 and #2 compression rings, available dual fuel injection on passenger car engines with single fuel injection on truck based engines, second generation high performance, low friction F head design stemmed from the GR series engines. ACIS II/III integrated into the intake manifold, which continuously varies the intake runner length depending on engine conditions and detection of air mass within the manifold. Roller rockers provide more valve lift in performance applications than previous cam lobe driven bucket type valves.

1UR-FSE 5.0L 90 degree V8 with dual VVT-i
Aluminum block and heads
Lightweight forged and sintered connecting rods for greater efficiency, revvablility, and reliability
Lightweight moly coated pistons with revised piston ring placement for greater fuel economy
Forged steel crankshaft with 8 weight balancers
Dual fuel injection with air assisted port injection and unassisted direct injection
Larger intake and exhaust ports and slightly larger valves for increased performance
Estimated power:
430-450hp @ 6400rpm
400-440lb-ft @ 4800rpm

2UR-FSE 4.6L 90 degree V8 with dual VVT-i
Aluminum block and heads
Lightweight forged and sintered connecting rods for greater efficiency, revvability, and reliability
Lightweight moly coated pistons with revised piston ring placement for greater fuel economy
Forged steel crankshaft with 8 weight balancers
Dual fuel injection with air assisted port injection and unassisted direct injection
Estimated power: (revs are estimates)
380hp @ 6200rpm
370lb-ft @ 4200rpm

3UR-FE 5.7L 90 degree V8 with dual VVT-i
Aluminum block and heads/Cast iron block w/ aluminum alloy heads (?)
Forged, high strength internals with 6 bolt main crankshaft bearing caps, fully balanced forged crankshaft with high strength connecting rod bolts
Large diameter forged connecting rods with heavy duty moly coated pistons - full floating type
Single fuel injection - air assisted port injection for greater fuel atomization
High compression relative to other truck engines
Estimated power:
400hp
470lb-ft

4UR-FE 4.7L 90 degree V8 with dual VVT-i
Aluminum block and heads/Cast iron block w/ aluminum alloy heads (?)
Forged, high strength internals with 6 bolt main crankshaft bearing caps, fully balanced forged crankshaft with high strength connecting rod bolts
Large diameter forged connecting rods with heavy duty moly coated pistons - full floating type
Single fuel injection - air assisted port injection for greater fuel atomization
High compression relative to other truck engines
Estimated power: (bridges gap between 1GR and 3UR)
335hp
380lb-ft

A bigger truck means it needs more power. Toyota will phase out the 2UZ and replace it with the all-new 4UR-FE (hence, the words "updated 4.7L" in a press release by Toyota). Keep in mind Toyota is replacing the current Tundra Double Cab with something a lot bigger. The new Tundra DC replaces the current Access Cab.

The GR transmission mounting area is the same as the current UZ. If Toyota keeps that up, the UR engines will also mount to the same transmissions the GR and UZ currently mount to. The GR engines also kept the same transmission mounting area as the VZ, MZ, and JZ engines they replaced here in the U.S.

The GR and UZ engines are compatible with a variety of automatic and manual transmissions such as: A750E/F, RA60/F (M/T), E153 (M/T), U151E, U660E, and A540E to name a few. Getting them to work is another story, i.e. bolting up to the chassis with transmission mounts.

Basically, the bellhousing pattern for all of Toyota's V engines is shared. This reduces costs. The only things that are made custom are the actual transmission cases, where the transmission mounts and mounting areas are tailor made for each specific chassis.

cribbj said:
Jason, welcome to the forum, and a very good, informative first post; keep it up!

John
Hey thanks, I just thought I'd share some information with you guys.

It's also good to remember Toyota boasts the new Tundra is capable of towing over 10,000 pounds. It'd better have the power and frame strength to back that up. It does use a 10.5 inch ring gear, much like domestic heavy duty trucks. That says something, but its actual strength will depend on its axles.

The clean diesel engine for the Tundra is rumored at 390hp/700lb-ft. It probably won't be available for another 3-4 years though. So, the actual power output can be anywhere from 390-450hp and 700-800lb-ft with continuous engineering improvements until then.

UZZ30-Québec said:
they still needs to produce a diesel engine in their pick-up.

But man, those engines specs are pure dope. Look at those incredible torque numbers for the displacement, it is awesome! 440lbs/ft for a 5 liter!!!!!!!
its all about the cam.

UZZ30-Québec said:
What ???? They changed the plans with the LS500H

is was supposed to be a tuned version of the 4.6 liter putting 400BHP and a 100HP electric motor to blow an amazing 500 total horsepowers.

My ballon has just exploded... My faith in toyota is decreasing, slowly but surely.

Im pretty sure it was bumped to 5.0L a while ago, and ya have to realize that you cannot always add the HP numbers together. If the eMotor has 100 hp at 2,000 rpm and the gMotor has its 400 hp at 6000 rpm, the total addition might not increase that max horsepower number as much, but the integral(HP) will be much larger, and in the end two things far more important than max hp are the hp at lower rpm and the total horsepower under the dynocurve, both which will be affected far more by the electric motor than the max hp rating.

you're right. If you do some math, @ 2000RPM let's say the V8 will produce about 320lbs/ft of torque (to be pessimist) and add the electric motor that will produce about 300lbs/ft of torque (to produce a 100HP engine beyond 3000RPM it needs torque) Then you,re talking of a total 620lbs/ft of torque to get the car off the line. It must be very nice!