Toyota 5.7 Liters V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It's not a good comparison. The rav4 is smaller & lighter. COmpletely different market.
rav4 0-60 in 6.3 - 1/4 in 14.9 @ 94mph
JGCsrt8 0-60in 4.8-5 - 1/4 in 13.5-14
JGC w'4.7L 0-60 in 6.7 - 1/4 in 15.2

Yes, the 2gr-fe wiped the floor with the 4.7L v8. Neither SUV is a slouch.

The new US spec GTI's run 14.7 @ 95mph So... Ditch a seat & a spare tire, or race a fat guy.

Not 0-60mph my friend....Two words come to mind Hemi and AWD.... Can you say Hemi?
However, I did not know they were in the 15's in the quarter? They must have some serious let off after 60mph...Infact, if your statement is true I will race one no problem in the quarter......15's? That doesn't sound right?

I would still take the Corvette Z06....I'm sure the Honda Rav V6 wouldn't stand a chance against this one...

Hemi, talk about marketing going overboard. The new "hemi" engines aren't even true hemi's as Chrysler realized a more modern combustion chamber design is actually better -but of course they want to stick with the "hemi" name. That SRT8 is the first Cherokee I have liked... but not enough to own one.

As for the 4.7l cherokee, a 15.2 1/4 mile time sounds quite impressive for hauling such a boat.

Why do people go all gooey about the word 'Hemi' ?

Sure it was good in the 60's and 70's, but nothing now.

Toyota used a hemi design in the 70's and 80's, and then moved on the to Pentaroof design, and probably have progressed on since then.

Good question Peewee..

I will now try and anwer it as best I can- I guess because the original Hemi's were the king of engines in the 70's and had a alot of muscle and a catchy name.........So Dodge got smart and recently started re-marketed their fame to glory "The Hemi" motor....

Now by Dodge marketing the name Hemi again in an all out marketing campaign they brain washed all us American's with the daily commercials we see on TV and see on billboards to thinking the Hemi engine is still the Bomb (the best motor with lots of muscle))...... Now with that being said and me being brain washed by all the false hype of this clever marketing campaign by Dodge I conclude by saying - "Now can you say "HEMI" boys and girls"... :slaphappy

To be honest I am actually more gooey over the big block Chevy's or the Chevy that is under the hood of that Z06......

If you want to get technical the Hemi started in the 50's with the 331 in the Chrysler Imperial. The 427 Hemi was the one that got all the attention. A very similar design to that engine is still used in top fuel today. There are actually a few manufacturers that use a hemi head design with Ford being one of them in their truck engines. They just can't use the hemi name due to trademark. There is a ton of history behind that engine.

UZZ30-Québec said:
wtf, 315 horsepowers???

1 liter of displacement more, and only 30 more HP ??? I don,t beleive that.

You must realise that this wasn't built for high performance, its built for 4wd's where you need low end power. Is there any torque figures??? They would be more important then outright power.

tell me why would the new engine have less output than the 4.7 ??? the 2UZ OWN in low-end torque and high horspower compared to any 4 to 5 liter engine in pick-up & SUV class.

the new engine should at least put 345HP and 390ft of torque. Even more if it has dual VVT-I and direct injection. Only time will tell the truth.