Toyota 5.7 Liters V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone have more information about it? I have heard its a completely different motor then the base UZFE. Personally, I dont think the 2uzfe can bore and stock beyond 5.3-5.5. I would like to find out more about it.

5.65L 2uz motors are already being raced. What did you want to know about them?

Eric

Ahhhh, my guess would be that it would be a different block altogether. Possibly something with the same bore/stroke as the LS1. The 2uz block at the ragged edge barely makes 5.65L, and then the piston is drug so far down that the motor runs into oiling issues, hence it being a "race only" application. To make the new motor more public friendly, all of that would hav to be overcome. I would imagine that the transmission flange pattern would be the same, seeing as it hasn't changed in 16 years, but that's a guess as I don't have the motor infront of me yet.

Eric

Peewee,

According to the above bore and stroke. It comes out to be 4.606 Liters. Is that the same engine we are talking about? I am referring to the 2007-8 5.7L Tundra.

It'll be different. This underhood pic of the '07 Tundra:

IMG_4481.jpg

Valve cover looks nothing like a UZ series,looks very similar to Lexus' chain-driven V6.

Wholly crap, can that engine bay get any tighter? : ) No turbo kit for that platform. : )

Eric

Power ratings on the 5.7L? I see Toyota has made an effort to compete with the America V8 motors....Good deal...

Attachments

• 994.JPG
    994.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 995.JPG
    995.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 11
the 5.7 is announced to be near 400BHP here.

Lextreme, the UR series is the new engines powering Lexus heavy cars, the new 4.6 liter in the LS460, there is supposed to be a 5.0, and the 5.7 liter Pick-up truck.

There will also be a LS500H 4.6 liter mated to an hybrid system developing 500BHP (combined) There is also supposed to be an Hybrid version of the Tundra, but maybe not on the 1st production year.

I'm still waiting about diesel versions... looks like they didn,t understand that yet.

cowboy bebop said:
Wholly crap, can that engine bay get any tighter? : ) No turbo kit for that platform. : )

Eric
nobody said you had to put the turbos next to the engine.

I bet once you remove all the engine covers, etc, there's probably lots of room there. I would expect the chain driven motors to be slightly more compact than the belt driven ones. It's intersting to see Toyota move to a ne V8 design. Hopfully we can more more details in the future.

last id heard it shoudl make around 350hp with the rumoured hybrid version pushing more like 400hp.

rumours are that theyre having trouble with the reliabilty of the hybrid system in the tundra, due to the rediculous torque of a v8 hybrid and the weight of the vehicle, so apparently theyre looking at releasing a diesel version until they have the hybrids kinks worked out.

in regards to engine codes, etc. as soon as im able to get any info from toyota ill let you guys know ;)

I've been seeing a few of these new Jeep Grand Cherokee's driving around town with their 400hp Hemi's engines and their all wheel drive drivetrains....Those SUV's scare me...They look so average but are oh so fast....

Do a few exhaust, intake and ECU mods on those SUV's and they will beat just about all the new sports cars, Vettes, Porshe's, and TT Lexus's....