"Top Secret" style intake manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
im not real great with motors, what is S-AFC?

could you pm me with a price that you might sell one of these setups for

Super Air Fuel Computer... I think, its made by APEXi of japan. I have an APEXi PFC (Power Fuel Computer) on my MR2, its plug in play, its hard to wire up an SAFC or SAFC II in my opinion, only a really good trusted performance shop can install them.

jeff

Thanks for the compliments guys:flirt:

No doubt it would be cheaper and easier to use one TB, but we wanted to do something different and unique.

The manifold we will actually use will have two hand fabricated plenums and vel. stacks.....so if you think this one is cool....just wait

I love the design would you consider making another one? and leaving it rough like in the pic on the first page? so this way I could run the throttles out the back side of the manifold, since my transmission is for a FWD setup (in the MR2)

JDMFantasy, anything new on this project? If it's anything like this pic shown before in this thread, then it's going to be a winner..

One TB would be 100% easier to modulate on the street than twin Q45 throttle bodies.

Eric
130_0406_350z_04_zjpg

Cowboy, the manifold is done, but doesnt have TB plates as we weren't sure which TB's to go with. We'll be building another manifold, single TB this time, which we'll use on the motor.

Tundra yes thats me. My name is now ARGAMEMENON on SF. You might be wondering about the whole Swantko ordeal, corect?

JDM, my hat's off to you on an outstanding manifold. Are you doing twin or single TB's as in the example above? Personally, I think you can't go wrong with the Q45 TB since OEM reliability can't be beat, and a single Q45 TB will easily flow enough for 4 digit HP. : )

Eric

Thanks Cowboy, that was our thought as well. It'll be alot easier then setting up a twin linkage as well. We planned on a linkage set up like that of the mani on Ara's Solara, but then just figured one would do the job.

As far as the aftermarket TB's go, have you thought about using a small tack weld to keep the screws from coming lose? We're actually using a Q45 on our Supra, which we love, but we may use something larger on the 1UZ. We'll see...

We actually welded the rod together after it snapped in half, but that didn't work either. Turns out it wasn't the screw that had backed out, but the rod that snapped right at the screw. Awful.... I guess I'm biased to the Q45 TB since it's treated me so well after the other one didn't.

I figure that since the Akira that went 249 mph on the salt flats used only one Q45 TB, so it has to flow enough air for any streetable motor. : )

Eric

Piping fabrication would be a pain in the ass though, since you'd have to transition from round to oval, but over all it's not a bad idea. But still, Q45 TB's are inexpensive and available and flow enough air for 4 digits. It ain't broke so.....

Eric

yeah, probably so. I was just responding to the comment that the dual TBs theyhad were looking ugly and cluttered, while the aftermarket GM style ones for street rods and the like are already made to look good and flow huge numbers if you need. And I'd think that the transition from round to oval wouldn't be any more difficult than that beautiful single to dual transition on the TopSecret manifold they did.

yeah the transitions from round to oval is not hard at all. The intake that I am working right now is basically the same thing as the GM TPI system. I just haven't determined if I am just doing a new replacement upper section or a complete intake from the heads to the throttle body.

Ehhh, I already have a chromed Q45 TB to work with, and we've got the wiring configuration all firgured out. : )

Eric

Eric, are you'll going front mounted TB and what motor is this on. the problem that I keep comming across is that on the early 1uz's (non VVT-i) is the TB and or the intake pipe hitting the air bleed on the thermostat housings, and I cant afford to go higher with the intake due to hood clearance. I have a brand new 80mm BBK TB sitting here that I'd like to use but cant seem to make the clearance happen. Thats why the Ford and GM duel butterfly TB's are more suited for some setups.

I'm going with the 2uz heads, the Top Secret style intake above, and a modified front coolant bridge. : )

Also, I am working on a line of hard welded 2uz cam profiles. All very boost friendly : )

Eric

Attachments

• DSCN0296.JPG
    DSCN0296.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 7
that setup is a good idea, i think Top Secret used it on a G35 too. with a V8 obviously.