Time to start fitting 1UZ into my hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Muzza I had a drive of a mates V8 hilux on the weekend (yes in the hard stuff) and I can tell you it is just like riding a bike, you never forget. It will only take 2 or 3 tracks and I`ll have the new torque and power worked out, the big question is how many things I`ll break on those 2 or 3 tracks lol.

Zuffen, the wiring isn`t fully hiden but it is what I would call neat. The main engine loom sits across the back corner of the bay and then the fuse box is still on the drivers guard but most of its wiring now runs behind the guard. I`m lucky that my best mate and spotter/navi/winch runner is a very good auto lecky and last year built a new house and is ATM building a huge shed, the good old barter system at its best around here hehehehehehehehehe.

Twisty, we are going to have to play follow the leader bahahahaha

Guts,
I'm pleased to hear that you weren't too rusty. I haven't even seen my ute for the last 5 weeks - I'm working in Finland atm and I haven't heard one V8, let alone a 1UZ powered wagon.

So when's dyno day? How about pics?

Muzz

I don't think my 4Runner will keep up with your Lux in the rough stuff Guts, but I'm building a zook at the moment might get close.....

You going to Rover Park this weekend for Battle of the States??

Nope no Rover park as the weekend after I`m going to Bathurst for round 2 of we rock.

Dyno day for me, I don`t know if I`ll ever bother as I think dyno figures mean ****, to me I just go on how it feels, drives and if I am happy with it or not.

Attachments

• modified sump 010.jpg
    modified sump 010.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 9
Guts, its lookin good ay mate!!

i'm really keen on doing this to my truck (LN106) with a 3L, 33" coopers, 3" suspension lift and a 2" body lift. i have a few questions though.

1. No-one seems to use the Auto... why's that? wouldn't it be heaps easier to use the standard auto box? (not to mention easier in comps)

2. how long are you expecting to get out of the G52? if your going to enter your gutsquisher into comps, won't you blow up boxes faster than the Al Quieda?

3. Steering components. i also have a solid axle with pretty much standard steering, what will foul what?

4. whats the deal with the sump? i don't understand...

De-Lux said:
1. No-one seems to use the Auto... why's that? wouldn't it be heaps easier to use the standard auto box? (not to mention easier in comps)
OK for me I have always wanted auto and the 5 speed is only a for now thing. I wanted a TH700 and the cost of during this is why I went with the 5 speed for now. I am now however thinking about doing what cebby is doing as it should be fairly cheep and easy. I don`t think it will be as strong as a TH700 but it should still be enough.

2. how long are you expecting to get out of the G52? if your going to enter your gutsquisher into comps, won't you blow up boxes faster than the Al Quieda?
Don`t know, don`t care, I have a spare before I have to start worrying about it to much. But I think if you drove wisely and not like an idiot it should last ok.

3. Steering components. i also have a solid axle with pretty much standard steering, what will foul what?
Nothing on the standard steering will be a problem

4. whats the deal with the sump? i don't understand...
1UZ`s come with 1 of 3 different sumps, front mount, mid mount or rear sump. This is where the pan of the sump is located on the bottom of the block. The motor I have came with a mid sump, because of the location of the diff,solid axle hilux`s need a rear sump.

Finaly got the lux back today all wired and running well almost all wired. Matt still has a few little things to hook up like the thermos but nothing an hour or 2 want fix.

Spent tonight from about 8pm in the shed and got most of the interia back in it. Tomorrow will see the panels back on, doors put back together, rear window in as well as a heep of little things done.

Will post more pics up tomorrow night.

panels are back on it and doors are fully back together

To do list as of tonight.
* Sump, WILL be ordering new one from castlemain rod shop Tuesday or Wednesday
* Finsih hooking up handbreak cable
* Lengthen rear tail shaft
* Shorten front shaft, either this week or next week.
* reinstall the old rear lift blocks as the ones I put in it are to big
* reinstall trac bar
* put rear shocks back in
* finish of the low pressor side of ps, going to use hard lines looping past fans acouple of times, should help with cooling the fluid.
* reconnect airlock lines and cable tie
* finish hooking up thermo`s
* Exhaust, just going to be muffler and short pipe finishing about 400mm behind cab and pointing straight at the ground Will be doing full road legal exhaust before engineers.
* gear stick boots
Thats all I can think of ATM, but I know there is more.

I have done it and although I paid someone to do it cos i wasn't confident with stripping an auto, it cost me $800 - $500 to pull box apart and change output shaft and $300 to buy a transfer, 4wd sump (extra cap) and output shaft.

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2653 for some pics.

Cheers

Ordered my rear sump today. Removed the standard mid sump last night and sent the pickup off to the rod shaop today as they only sell the sump on a change over bases on the pickup.

webbie said:
I have done it and although I paid someone to do it cos i wasn't confident with stripping an auto, it cost me $800 - $500 to pull box apart and change output shaft and $300 to buy a transfer, 4wd sump (extra cap) and output shaft.

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2653 for some pics.

Cheers

Webbie - the input side turned out to be the easy swap. I'm sure you saw my thread about it. The gearing is different in the A340's vs A341. I have it somewhere...

Here's the thread where it's discussed:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=11786.0

First gear on the A340F is 2.804 while the A341 is 2.531. I don't think that is all that significant unless you are in low range or running a doubler.

Hi Guts,
Lovely bit of kit! Very similar to what I'm doing to my 'Lux over here in NZ cept mines a winch challenge truck.
Photo album and build thread here.
I'm looking at chucking a 1uzfe in instead of the 5M-GEU altho its a lot more work. I'll be interested to see how long your G52 lasts
wink.gif
as thats the same box I have.
Keep up the good work
Cheers
Jafa

Sump is done
Fans are done
Exhaust is getting done tomorrow morning, I dropped it off to exhaust shop this arvo. At this stage it will only have the old system on it.
New front bar is getting done on Saturday, I am taking the lux to Melbounre tomorrow night.

Still to do,
tail shafts
low pressor side of P/S
grill.

This will all be done by middle of next week as I am taking the hilux for a drive on the 16th and 17th of july which is next weekend.

Exhaust is done, just picked it up and DROVE!!!!!!!!!!! it home. The note from the exhaust is spot on to what I wanted so I`m happy as there. Problem is that at I`m guessing 1500rpm (no tacho so its a guess) it breaks down and almost stalls. When starting the motor sometimes it takes 4 or 5 goes before it stays running. Anybody got some ideas as to what could cause this? Fuel pump is a VL one and the filter is from an EA.

you definitely need a tacho booster

i run 2 in mine one after the other

and maybe u havnt connected the cold start injector

but i guess like most people say its only 5 wires so u cant go wrong heheheeh