Time to start fitting 1UZ into my hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I have a tacho to go in, just haven`t done it yet. If I get time this week it will be in for next weekend.

Ya but it still does it when its warm. The few times to start it I think its remapping its self, once its done that then it ideals fine. But when you try to gas it up some it just breaks done and misses BADLY to the point of either stalling or allmost back firing.

couldbe heaps of things bad air flow dirty injectors it shouldnt remap itself even when i reset my ecu it still starts perfectly and runs and revs straight away from start up

check for air leaks

Ok after somelate nights of double checking EVERY!!!!!!!! wire we disscovered the air flow meter was stuffed and was what was making it miss and back fire etc. Jumped in the camry and drove the 3.5hrs (each way) to Melbourne on Friday and got a new one. All worked sweet after putting the new AFM on.

Ended up leaving home at 6am Saturday morning and took the lux for a drive in the Strathbogie ranges. Man its great being able to turn in to a corner at around 50ks to 60ks in 3rd high and then power on and end up going around the whole corner on oppisite lock, sideways.

It didn`t all go sweet for the weekend thought and I have a small list of things to do before it goes out again.

Power steering pump died and I had arm strong steering for most of saturday.
Fuel pump relay died, that was easily fixed.
I forgot to turn the thermos back on after I had turned them off to listen for the fuel pump and it ended up blowing a hose. Its all ok thank god.
Water pump ended up leaking BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!! and put a stop to the driving saturday evening as it was loosing its water to quickly to just keep topping it up

All in all though it went good and they are just the normal little bugs you get after doing an engine swap.

Its lives again

Yep the new motor is in and running.

Complete with,
cleaned injectors
rebuilt starter motor
rebuilt alternator
rebuilt power steering pump
remote oil filter and oil cooler fitted

Taking it out for another test run this weekend and if all goes well I`ll ring the engineer next week and book it in.

Have a trip coming up on the 5th and 6th of November and I am trying to have it registered for that.

Dave,

Good to hear you have it running.

Didn't you watch Bathurst?

I found your young blokes "Bunnings" truck and car today on the tennis court. PM me if you want them posted down.

Now go out and get it dirty.

LOL camy`s truck he`d love it back. I`ll sms u our address if thats ok. Thanks.

Took the rig for a blast down the road last night and it was missing on one cylinder, found that number 8 lead was stuffed. Replaced that and now it runs sweet as.

Temp only gets to 80 deg cel ATM, what should it get up to for running temp?

My car runs around 85degrees but the thermostat starts to open around 80. Your temp sounds fine.

Remember of a night it won't run as hot because the cooler night air will knock the radiator temp down faster than during the heat of the day.

On Cammy's truck I have his yellow car as well. Should I be looking for more cars? I thought he had 2.

Ya the temp was this morning when I took it to the exhaust shop to have a cat converter fitted. Was about 8.30 so, not cold, but not hot. Picking it up in an hour or 2 so will look at it again then. But by the sounds of it its running spot on, hopefully the cooling system I have ATM will be enough for it to stay cool during summer. Time will tell.

Was funny driving it as I had forgotten how many heads the rig makes turn. Every person that see`s or hears the hilux just has to have a good look doesn`t matter what age or sex they are everybody looks at it.

Nar Rod Camy only had the truck and 1 car while at your place if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• DSCF0894.JPG
    DSCF0894.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 31
More good news about my lux.
Rang engineer today and he happens to be coming threw Albury on either Thursday or Friday next week and will look at it then. So I don`t even have to tow it to Sydney like I was going to.
From talking to him it should pass no worries, just have to get a wieght certificate which I am going to do this arvo in about 30mins time.

Quick question, was just woundering how you guys are routing your exhaust, if you are going above the trans with somei kind of crossover pipe or doing a custom setup going under the trans. Been seaching and no one really says or shows what they are doing. Some pics would be sweet.

Thanks

Late
Joe

Attachments

• truck pics 035.jpg
    truck pics 035.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 34
Mine runs down the passengers side of the lux. It comes off the drivers side manifold then crosses under the bell housing, then joins with the passengers side, then I have my cat. The rest of the exhaust goes over the middle cross member (level with back of cab) then tucks up under the tray which is where the muffler is, once its over the rear diff it points down. Oh and remember I`m in Aus so our steering wheel is on the other side.

Oh and my hilux is now rego`ed again.

It got done on Friday and I had it out on the weekend giving it a real good workout. All I have to say is the conversion was well wearth it.

Quick question, was just woundering how you guys are routing your exhaust
Mine runs down the passengers side of the lux
This is exactly what I did on mine too. Heres a pic of it if that helps. It has been flanged at the engine and just after the cat. It's twin 2" into 3" cat, then 2.5" after the cat.

Cheers.

hey boys ive been putting a lexus 4l in my 96 lux for a week now i have everything done apart from the wiring, iam having problems wiring the lexus into my harness! i cant get my fuel pump to power up if anyone has any wiring diagrams or helpfull hints i would be much appreciative cheers! i will load some pics when i get the chance!

depending on the year model of your 1UZ ECU - they did start coming with a fuel controller in the rear of the car - right where you dont get it in a front cut.

Guts, what size exhaust are you running? i got a friend who works at a local Toyota dealer who got me a 06 Tacoma system with a 4L v6 for me to cut up, i guess the customer wanted the TRD system. its a single pass from where it joins the crossover all the way back. i think its ither 2 or 2,5". well my guess is, if its good for a 4L V6 with 246hp, its good for the 1uz-fe power output, also, did your friend who did the wiring have any trouble doing it up, cuz thats what im dreading the most. i dono where to start. iv been looking on here but with no luck, by the way, i love your setup, i saw your youtube vids and thats what made me want to do this swap, i was gonna go with the 5vze 3.4L V6 and a TRD supercharger but when i saw your vid i was saying to myself, F**K that!! im going with the 1uzfe!!!

so i found out that Toyota Tundra 4.7 headers fit on the 4.0L bolt pattern and flange, Ebay has em from $150 - $600 on all types and quality. just thought id share that. i know i was looking to put headers and not manifolds...