Time to start fitting 1UZ into my hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Chuck it, Im 99% sure that its just a resonance style chamber for quietening the intake noise levels, (second thought, how strict are the noise emmisions?)
In N.Z. I would just take it off, If you mount a filter on a pipe and then box that you shouldnt have any noise issues, and should also get a slight increase in power.
Having said this I would talk to someone who has done this sort of thing before in australia

Logan

Im not running a 1UZ but I have a pod filter mounted straigh onto the end of the AFM on my 4AGE 20valve (not boxed off yet) this replaced a somewhat restrictive factory inlet system with resonance chamber (and the intake noise is not very loud at all, apparently it is greatly reduced by the AFM)

Logan

Before you bin the item I strongly sugggest you look into it.

Personally I would not throw away 2 or 3 KW for convenience.

When I say throw it I mean throw it in the trailer with the rest of the half cut.

At the moment I`m only running the G52 (standard hilux 5 speed) but after I break the spare one I have aswell as the one in it I`ll look at going a stronger one, just don`t which one yet.

Guts,

Have you looked at mounting the right angle inlet pipe direct to the t/b and have the resonance chamber in front of the pipe. You will have the cahmber AND have it out of the way.

It would look crap.
Since this motor is going to give around 100kw more than I had before I don`t think the couple of kw I might loose from the box is going to matter.

Some new pic of where I am up to, I think they speak for them selves.

One thing I`m not certain about is, There is a hose that comes from next to the diagnosis plug that goes to a black box (charcoal canister I think) then this box has 2 more hoses plugs on it, another one on the top which is bigger then the one meantioned about and another hose plug on the bottom, where do these 2 go to and do I have to run this box at all. If not then what do I do with the hose from near the diag plug?

Hope that makes sense.

The top hose is the breather hose from your fuel tank. Your old breater line from your fuel tank may have either been vented to atmosphere or run to a canister depending on year model and fuel type.

The bottom hose is vented to atmoshere.

You need to run the canister to pass EPA in NSW. Without it you will not pass rego.

That's the VSV valve. It vents the contents on the charcoal canister to the engine.
You don't need the valve but you do need the charcoal canister. Make sure you fuel tank vent is connected to it.

The lux still basicly looks like the above pics but I have now bolted the cab back down, hooked up clutch, brakes, heater hoses, mounted charcole canistor and run lines to it, put the steering shaft back in and radiator is in getting the inlet and outlets made bigger and the directions of them changed. I also found that a Z418 oil filter JUST fits on so for now untill I get this POS going again and re regoed I`m not going to hook up the oil cooler that is under the tray, I`ve put that on the after rego list. Also have to find somebody local that makes up custom accel cables as I don`t want to use the crown one as its to long for what I want.

I`m now waiting on 2 mates, one is a auto elec (best mate) and the other has a enzed truck (for my PS and PS cooler) once they do their bits I should only have air intake, doors, internal roll cage, sump, exhaust, engineers and rego to go. Sounds easy when you read it lol

Heres some pics of what it looks like ATM, like I said basicly the same as the last lot of pics but now alot of things are hooked up.

1st pic shows an overall of the engine bay with the cruise controll in the back left. About the only differance that will be in the engine bay when 100% finished will be the air filter and its piping etc. HAven`t yet decided where I`m going to mount the ignitors but more then likely they will end up going under the dash.

2nd pic shows the oil filter and how close a fit it is, after the lux is regoed again it will end up with a remote filter and oil cooler under the tray.

3rd pic shows where I have mounted the charcole canistor behind the passengers headlight. Its not straight but it don`t matter as it ends up behind and under the standard air filter box that I will be running after rego and I couldn`t be bothered fixing it lol.

Here is a little tip for people dropping a V8 of any sort in to a hilux.

You have to do something with the handbrake because the cable comes out the fire wall around a pully and then runs down the outside of the fire wall and this setup is in the way for the back corner of the heads.

Well my tip is get the handbrake lever and cable setup out of a V6 4 runner as the pully is on the inside of the fire wall and the cable runs down the inside of the fire wall and then goes out threw the floor.

You will have to drill to new holes in the fire wall to mount the new handbrake lever and shaft as they are slightly different to the standard one aswell as a hole out the floor for the cable to go, but hay how hard is it to drill 3 holes. The 2 top holes for mounting the top end of the lever under the dash are the same.

Another thing is the clutch master cylinder is also on the inside of the fire wall leving only a hard line on the outside of it, the resevor for the clutch is up on the gaurd in the back corner under the bonnett hinge so to speak, but this can basicly be mounted anywhere as long as it higher then the mc. The clutch doesn`t need to be moved as its above the heads, but it will help with anybody that is wanting to detail their engine bay abit.

I`ll post some pics of the 2 handbrakes and the V6 4 runner clutch setup in the next day or 2.

Here is some pics of what I was talking about with the handbrake.

1st pic is the 2 different lever, the top lever is the standard one, the silver bit at the end is normaly on the outside of the fire wall. The other is the V6 one.

The 2nd pic is the V6 4 runner clutch pedal setup, not certain if I`m going to use this yet but more then likely will, you don`t have to use this to fit a V8 in, I`m only going to use it to help tidy the engine bay up a bit more.

3rd pic is the V6 handbrake installed in my lux complete with foot rest.

4th pic is what the outside of the fire wall now looks like where the old handbrake used to come threw it.