Thermostat operating temp

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

961uz4b

I've just finished wiring my 1uz into my hilux and given it a run, I’m yet to adjust the electric thermostat for the thermo fans, but I did put a thermometer on the cooling pipes to the radiator and let the motor get up to 68 degrees

However the pipe from the thermostat to the radiator did not get hot, I'm wondering what temp the engines thermostat opens up at and what the best temp to kick the thermo fans in at would be.

Cheers

If you set it to turn off at 80 then once is turns on it may never turn off as the thermostat should hold the temp at 82. I usually set my fans at 92 on and 90 off. Cheers

yea good point, I ran the motor this arvo, once it hit 92 i set the thermostat to switch the fans on (twin 9") they kept running and the motor kept creeping up over the next 5min until it got up to 96 and I switched it off.

twin 9" are way tooo small ( 1100cfm )

should have went 1x10" and 1x12" or 2x12" at minimum ( 1500cfm )

the std fan draws about 1500cfm, 2000cfm with aircon on.

ive got the std hydro fan and going to put a 14" on the fron where the TT air con fan sits and be wired so that it can be switched on at anytime

I think you'll be fine with those fans. 1UZ has the engine fan, which is so effective that radiator fans barely ever turn on. For instance the 3UZ has no engine fan at all, and radiator fans go off a lot more often.

yea, I'm not running the stock engine fan as it doesn't fit.

I guess i'll put the themometer on it and do some test when it gets back from the exhuast shop.

When i tested it the other day It was idleing at 1500 rpm, which I didnt relaise until i connected the tacho. So of course it was going to keep heating up.

I ran it up to about 93 the other idleing at 550rpm, the fans kicked in but wouldn't switch off, I got it down to 88 and the took the temp sensor off the radiator for the electric thermostat, I have no idea how to set the off temp because I have a davis craig generic thermostat kit, that says to set the on temp and then it automaticly cuts off, there doesn't seem to be a way to set the off temp :S

thats because there isn't one.It has a set temp from when it turns on to turning off.

thats what i figured, but I'm trying to find out what that set amount is for the thermostat to turn off, it's not written on the packaging and It doesn't seem to want to turn off

if it is not turning off the fans are not flowing enough air throught the radiator to cool

I have a digital thermometer measuring the water temp, the thermostat switched the fans on at 92 and in around 1min it had dropped to 88, with an idle speed of 550 rpm, and it was still going down before i switched it off, so i think the fans are doing there job.